Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFO Aliens in Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Negalith
In any of the RPG books or fiction is there any reference at all to UFOs and space aliens? UFO sightings, alien abductions, crop circles, close encounters and alien implants are all a common parts of paranormal interest in the modern era. Does Shadowrun ever address what happened with these after the 12th age comes? We know about all those pulp and myths about dragons, werewolves and vampires panned out in the long run. What about ETs?

Also, were there other life sustaining planets in the universe… would the coming of the 12th world have been localized to Earth, or would it more likely have been a galaxy / universe wide event?
mfb
JackBNimble is, as i recall, a series of transmissions recorded by SETI. i forget where the transmissions originated from.
Naysayer
Also, there were some pictures of something that looked suspiciously UFO-like in Dunkelzahns bequest, alongside a mugshot of a pyramid and what looked to be a dragon-sekeleton on the surface of Mars.
Apart from that, I guess people in the SR world were to busy worrying about all that magic stuff, the worldwide computer-crashes, giant insect-spirits, explosions, elves, Jetblack and acid rain and forgot about aliens for the moment.

By the way, where'd you get that 12th world from?
fool
aren't all beings from other planes aliens? Maybe not ufo riding aliens, but many spirits are powerful enough to "abduct" someone pretty easily.
Caine Hazen
The pics in Dunk's will were faked, if I remember the adventure correctly. JackBNimble was rumored to be extraterrestrial in origin. I'm sure in a certain timeframe, AH will drift in and point back at his site with the proofs, but I'm too busy to link them up now.

Overall, I think with the whole UFO/aliens in a hanger thing being on a thin thread right now, its good these things aren't anywhere in the books. Transgenics will fill in some gaps if you wanna scare up your runners though biggrin.gif
Adarael
I believe the UFOs were faked, but the skeleton was not.
eidolon
I've certainly run games with extra-terrestrial elements in them, but I don't really remember much ever showing up in the books.

One of my players in a game last year: "What do you mean, 'The air around him flashes blue and my mana bolt doesn't seem to do anything?'" biggrin.gif
Ancient History
The pics in Dunk's will were faked, if I remember the adventure correctly. JackBNimble was rumored to be extraterrestrial in origin. I'm sure in a certain timeframe, AH will drift in and point back at his site with the proofs, but I'm too busy to link them up now.
In any of the RPG books or fiction is there any reference at all to UFOs and space aliens?

There are a very few references, but you can just about count them on one hand.
(Germany Sourcebook, Dunkelzahn's Will, Cyberpirates, Missions, Shadowrun 2nd Edition. Yep, one hand.)

Generally speaking, there's no evidence that extraterrestrials have visited Earth. There is a skeleton on Mars, but very few people know about it and all indications are that it was dead. Current theories lean more toward a transplanted terrestrial critter.

Also, were there other life sustaining planets in the universe… would the coming of the 12th world have been localized to Earth, or would it more likely have been a galaxy / universe wide event?

An interesting question, but not one that there is an answer for. Sorry.
Adarael
I have personally postulated that the mana 'sin wave' is localized per gaiasphere. Like the circadian rhythm or a living being, mana comes and goes with regards to each planet. Another concept I kicked around while doing a very wierd shadowrun game is that the mana waves span the universe, but sections of the galaxy are in different points on said wave. While Earth may be at the height of its' wave, Gamma Coronae Australis might be at entire different level of wax or wane.

But this is all speculation, and there's absolutely know in-character evidence saying anything. Nobody really knows.
Colin Chapman
Just for fun, here's an extremely appropriate image by Mark Zug from the Shadowrun CCG:

Shadowrun Alien Abduction

cheers!
Colin
Lagomorph
I'll just add in that the Horrors are by definition, extra-terrestrial in nature, and have visited a couple times before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012