Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just googled "Shadowrun 4"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shrike30
I just googled "Shadowrun 4" while looking for the errata/FAQ for one of my players, and the actual www.shadowrun4.com entry was number 95 on Google's list. That'd put it on the tenth page of Google's default "10 results per page" search.

Doing just a search for "Shadowrun" even yielded www.fasa.com before I gave up trying to find the current official site on that list.

(and for the record, Augmentation probably shouldn't still be in the Upcoming Products section)
Kronk2
they need to prime the google pump there.
nezumi
They need more GOOGLE JUICE!

'Shadowrun' showed Fan Pro as #3, trailing shadowrun.com and Wiki, which isn't surprising.

Shadowrun 4 provided the shadowrunrpg.com as #1.

Are you complaining that the new site, which is like a month old, hasn't climbed the hits yet? Well of course it hasn't, it's like a month old smile.gif

As an aside, are they dropping the SR3 errata?? Where am I supposed to find that stuff?
Fortune
Looks like it is still there to me. smile.gif
Ancient History
I laugh, because if you type in "sperethiel" I win the internet.
Fortune
You used to win for 'orichalcum' as well ... until the Wiki went up. biggrin.gif
mfb
getting higher on google simply takes time. or, rather, it takes clicks, which take time.
Adam
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Sep 22 2007, 12:43 AM)
(and for the record, Augmentation probably shouldn't still be in the Upcoming Products section)

And now it's not. smile.gif

You can always mail web corrections to me at adamjury@shadowrun4.com

[And if you have links on your site that point to ShadowrunRPG.com, changing them to Shadowrun4.com will help out with the GoogleRank issue...]
Buster
QUOTE (mfb)
getting higher on google simply takes time. or, rather, it takes clicks, which take time.

That's an urban myth. There are specific techniques for getting your website to the top of the google list (and they don't all involve paying Google more money).

This myth ranks right up there with Ralph "Waldo" Emerson's "If you build a better mouse trap, the world will beat a path to your door." It's important to note that old Waldo lived in a tool shed in his friend's back yard and died in abject poverty.

Buster is willing to work as Director of Marketing for Catalyst Labs for free PDFs. Email me, we'll do lunch.
Aaron
Shadowrun Resources links to shadowrun4.com. Thanks for thinking of me, those of you who contacted me about it, but it's already covered on my site.
nezumi
The secret is really just to either update links or to put in new links. The more people with the more important websites who have links (I don't think they have to be visible. You could put it in the header if you wanted or comment it out, I believe) the quicker it'll jump up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012