Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wetwork Drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Emperor Tippy
I was wondering what ways you have come up with to use drones for wetwork.

The flying sniper is always good.

I've come up with taking a Fly-Spy and adding a few grams of high rating plastic explosive. It flys in and lands on the back of the targets neck and then explodes, it can also appear to be a cranial bomb.

So what are your ideas/experiences?
Kronk2
I have always been a fan of putting sniper rifles on blimps. l-) Give your aerial surveillance some firepower.

Or a spider drone with an injector built in. OR my fav. Vacuum cleaners with tazers, because who would hire janitors when you really can get machines to do it cheaper.
DTFarstar
Sniper Rifle with APDS + Blimp + Technomancer tricked out for rigging = REALLY dead person.

Chris
Kronk2
Machine sprites rule man.
Tarantula
I always like the cat drone with the shock anti-theft built in for activation upon touch. Too bad the SR4 rigger book isn't out yet.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Tarantula)
I always like the cat drone with the shock anti-theft built in for activation upon touch. Too bad the SR4 rigger book isn't out yet.

That brings up an interesting point. I know there are/were personality overlay btls, could you do that with a cat? I mean get cat to "record" what it is to be a cat. to quote the aristacats everybody wants to be a cat. But that would be pretty cool. have a legion of robotic stray cats dossing around the building you are protecting. Wandering around being cats, taking vid of eveyting they see. And if they see something you like, you send it along to follow. And its a heck of alot cheaper to build a robotic cat than to make a real cat a drone. And the company could sell the product (in a stripped down form) to consumers, all the cat none of the mess.
Tarantula
They had a cat drone in sprawl survival guide for 3rd ed. So, yes, its perfectly possible.
Nikoli
Just don't use it on an awakened person that has astral sight, tends to muck up a good cat drone vectored assassination
Buster
QUOTE (Kronk2)
Vacuum cleaners with tazers, because who would hire janitors when you really can get machines to do it cheaper.

That's an awesome idea for hiding your assassin droid in plain site. You're right, Roomba's would have to be everywhere by 2070. (at least I hope so, I own a lot of stock in that company)
mfb
i have a(n SR3) rigger who uses cat drones. i basically built them from scratch from tiny-sized walker chassis. they're really sneaky (sig 8), but there isn't much room for weaponry. they've got improved security system 3 (electrical system), so they can hit you with a 10S shock, but they're very slow--max of 6mpt.

imo, the best drone for wetwork is the LS-9. it's pretty fast, has a decent range, has lots of room for upgrades, and it's got a built-in weapon mount.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Buster)
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Sep 22 2007, 01:20 AM)
Vacuum cleaners with tazers, because who would hire janitors when you really can get machines to do it cheaper.

That's an awesome idea for hiding your assassin droid in plain site. You're right, Roomba's would have to be everywhere by 2070. (at least I hope so, I own a lot of stock in that company)

This has an added benefit of removing evidence wink.gif
Redjack
Storm's technomancer just hacks into someone's rigged car and starts running them over with it. It has become her trademark.
Kronk2
QUOTE (Redjack)
Storm's technomancer just hacks into someone's rigged car and starts running them over with it. It has become her trademark.

lol, it doesn't even have to be rigged, just hack the auto pilot, ever car has one.
Riley37
I suspect that a mounting a sniper rifle on a blimp would result in recoil problems... the real-world kind that reduces accuracy if the barrel moves while the shot is fired, even when only firing a single shot. A blimp is not a stable firing platform. It might do fine for launching missiles, though.
Could a sprite enhance the performance of a missile's guidance/targeting system?
PlatonicPimp
Kamikaze machine spirits!
Jaid
QUOTE (Riley37)
Could a sprite enhance the performance of a missile's guidance/targeting system?

some people might argue that a sprite could diagnose the drone's gun directly to improve it. i would guess that most people would agree that the sprite could improve a sensor test for active targetting.

but ultimately, that can only be answered by your GM wink.gif
Buster
QUOTE (Jaid)
but ultimately, that can only be answered by your GM wink.gif

If only it could be answered by the rules that we paid so much money for...
Grinder
The world would be too perfect then. biggrin.gif
dog_xinu
my players use the Walter MA-2100 in either a rotor drone from a gazillion (ok maybe not but far enough that it is next to impossible to detect) meters away zooming in on the target to take them out or use a lynx with the same gun. All from distance. The lynx they will get closer in on than the rotor drones since it is heavily armoured but still. They treat them like snipers. hide well, far out and BLAM one dead bad (relative to the team) guy.

We have not looked into Augmentation to see if there is anything in there that would help. I doubt it. Now Arsenal (and no I am not trying to bring up that flame again!) will probably have more cool stuff to help the players and their drone snipers.
gknoy
QUOTE (dog_xinu)
Walter MA-2100 in ... a rotor drone from a gazillion ... meters.

This is the scary thing. smile.gif If you can do it, you know Renraku and others can/will also ... which means that one of the best things you can do is avoid looking like a priority target. wink.gif

OTOH ... getting the altitude necessary to see over buildings might make this troublesome...
BishopMcQ
dog--look at the radar sensors...a sniper rifle should have enough penetration to punch through light structural material.
Emperor Tippy
Yeah, the flying sniper drones are a personal favorite. Especially when on a run, keep a few on overwatch to peg reinforcements as they arrive.

Explosive bugs are fun as well. Take the MCT Fly-Spy and give it a few grams of high explosive. Fly it in and land it on the back of the head, right where the spine connects to the brain. It has the advantage of looking like a cranial bomb. Nothing like a guy giving a speak on national TV and all of the sudden his head blows up.
The Jopp
Kamikaze Doberman

Cover it in explosives with the directional blast pointed outward in chosen directions. Make sure the explosive blast is not strong enough to harm the Doberman.

It’s a oneshot but add a few hundred ball bearing into the plastique and you’ve got mobile claymore mines.

The problem with the above is that the rules don’t count on placing explosives on a vehicle that is NOT the target, so it should still get armour.
Cadmus
Radar sencor + feild rigger+ADPS=Stud Finder smile.gif Granted you could always load a ares alpha into a roto and use gas grenades. mmm Now what about a adept feild rigger right, with astral sight and a smartlink smile.gif Spirits are tough but eh ammos cheap.
DireRadiant
Just your basic fleet of mini drones with gas, narcojets, injectors, flash paks, bangs and a handy grenade or two are simple things. Cheap and easy. Minidrones make good alternate weapon delivery systems, safety at the cost of a mini drone.

And that's not even getting fancy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012