Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver Sourcebook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
augurer
I'm intending on starting a campaign using the Missions material, but I'd also like to toss in a couple of my own runs in between missions. Is there an official sourcebook that details some of the larger influences in that area? The 4th Edition book has only a small amount of detail, and I didn't see anything in Runner Havens.
Irian
There the old (long out of print) Denver Box (which is also outdated by 16 years in 2070 *g*).

Information can also be found in "Shadows of North America" and in the "Commando Quarterly" (1. Quarter 2006) - http://www.commandohq.com/
augurer
How much has Denver changed in the past 16 years? Does the Nexus still exist? From what I've gathered from the Missions adventures, the city is still at the center of multiple "nations"... have those borders changed?
Irian
Yes, because Atzlan lost it's sector (iirc CAS got it) and the Ute nation doesn't exist any longer (was absorbed by PCC).
augurer
Is the Denver Box Set worth buying, or does Shadows of North America contain most/all of the pertinent information relevant to a campaign set in early 1970?
DireRadiant
CommandHQ issue with Denver Update

The box set is very nice.
Irian
The box is very cool, imho, but I think EBay is almost the only chance to get it. For playing 2070 it's next to worthless, I think. If you want to play 2056, it's perfect smile.gif
augurer
QUOTE (DireRadiant)

Thanks for the direct link smile.gif

And I'm not interested in playing 2056, so I'll just pick up Shadows of North America. Thanks for the info!
swirler
I'd grab a copy of the box set, just to read through and get the history and a feel for the city. sure some of it'd outdated" but I'd bet you'd have a better grasp for how the city runs. Also it's a Nigel Findley project and those are just worth getting anyway. I've almost thought about trying to scrounge up extra copies to see if the "ID" cards in them were different.
The ones in mine were Siouxnation and UCAS
the_dunner
QUOTE (swirler)
I've almost thought about trying to scrounge up extra copies to see if the "ID" cards in them were different.

Yes, they were randomly assorted.
eidolon
QUOTE (swirler)
Also it's a Nigel Findley project and those are just worth getting anyway.

A-freaking-men.
Irian
QUOTE (the_dunner)
QUOTE (swirler @ Sep 28 2007, 10:28 AM)
I've almost thought about trying to scrounge up extra copies to see if the "ID" cards in them were different.

Yup, got CAS and UCAS in mine smile.gif
swirler
QUOTE (eidolon)
QUOTE (swirler)
Also it's a Nigel Findley project and those are just worth getting anyway.

A-freaking-men.

I cried the day I found out he died
literally
still mist up on occasion when I read his stuff
the man was awesome
Im the age he was when he died too
tragic
FlakJacket
QUOTE (the_dunner)
QUOTE (swirler @ Sep 28 2007, 10:28 AM)
I've almost thought about trying to scrounge up extra copies to see if the "ID" cards in them were different. The ones in mine were Siouxnation and UCAS

Lars still has his scans of the different sector passes up at his site if you're interested to see what the others were like. Compare the Aztlan and Pueblo passes that are threatening or legalistic respectively against the CAS' more laid back attitude. smile.gif

On the information about Denver front the Denver Boxed Set is the largest resource with the major updates to it being in the Year of the Comet sourcebook when Ghostwalker appeared and claimed ownership of the city, kicking out Aztlan in the process. Whilst it might be out of date by a bit the breadth of information and back story presented in the boxed set is very useful to build on, whilst YotC might have changed things a bit the boxed set was the only real resource to flesh out the diffrent sectors and areas of the city.
ThreeGee
How much has Denver changed in the past 16 years?

Well I don't know how to put this, but the chapter on Ghostwalker in Dragons of the Sixth world also has something to say about the status of Denver.
augurer
QUOTE (DireRadiant)

Is there a high res version of this pdf somewhere out there? I don't see it on commandohq.com. The sector map is a little challenging to read in the low res version.
Zhan Shi
If you're interested in history and backround info, buying the box set may be useful. But Denver has changed so radicaly that it would be almost worthless for 2070.
Larsine
QUOTE (augurer)
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Sep 28 2007, 09:51 AM)

Is there a high res version of this pdf somewhere out there? I don't see it on commandohq.com. The sector map is a little challenging to read in the low res version.

All the high res versions of CQ used to be available on http://www.commandohq.com/Files/Files.asp?CID=1019, but unfortunately they are not there any longer.

I managed to grab the high res edition.

PM me for a copy (5,73 MB).

Lars, wondering when the next issue of CQ will be available frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012