Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Alternate char gen system...?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadowlance
It's been a while since I've spent any time here. Pre SR4 I remember reading quite a bit about an alternate 3rd edition char gen system that someone had come up with. The major selling point of the system was that high skills and stats had the same value during character generation as they did during character advancement.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? Perhaps a link to the system?
tisoz
BeCKS, Bethyaga's Complete Karma System, and updated to BeCKS2. It was posted in The Shadowrun Supplemental and is incorporated in NSRCG, New Shadowrun Character Generator. NSRCG is discussed here, but the link in McMackies sig is down, maybe due to the problems with the Dumpshock board as it used to be hosted here. Ditto TSS.

The TSS article for BeCKS2 is 800 and some bytes of pdf file which I could email you if you would like. I think the NSRCG runs around 5 megs, which someone with a faster connection might be willing to send you, or try getting it from a file sharing site as it is freeware. Ditto the TSS file.
Shadowlance
I managed to track down a copy.

Thanks for the info!
Thanee
Using Karma for Character Generation in SR3 and prev. editions is so much better. smile.gif

Had my own system for that back in SR2 (didn't play much SR3, so never updated it).

Never liked how it was so much better in the long run to go 1/6/1/6/1/6 instead of a more balanced 3/4/3/4/2/5 or something.

Bye
Thanee
Black Mamba
I realize this is an ancient post, but would I would really like to get my hands on a copy of the NSRCG mentioned above. SR4 just dosen't interest me, or my players. We've all played SR2 extensively, but appreciate SR3 for it's many rules clarifications. So we're gonna shoot for an amalgum of SR2 and SR3. Any assistance that could be offered would be appreciated.

PS: World of Warcraft= CRACK!
Fortune
I found two different locations for what seems to be the latest version of NSRCG ...

Rapidshare

and

Some other place

I know the second link works, but I'm not sure about the first. Hope that helps. smile.gif
Stahlseele
heh, i know the guy who's hosting on otakyasha . . i got him to host it there, after mcmackies site went down ^^
Black Mamba
Thank you Fortune, for the link, and thank you Stahlseele for keeping the link active. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
heck, i've pestered mcmackie about it allready and decided to do something on my own accord, because that is the BEST tool ever to be made for SR3 . .
and because i don't allways have access to computers with that fine piece of code on it . . yes there's still such a thing sadly <.< . .
and as soon as it works that link is going into my sig for everyone to enjoy *g*
tisoz
I have to agree that the NSRCG is the best, most used piece of software for SR3, and McMackie deserves a lot of thanks for creating it as well as updating it as new supplements were published.

Anyone who ever complained about the FREE program should have been banned from using it. (I am not including those that emailed him with glitches to make him aware of a problem.) Just think about all the rules arguments and then trying to get them coded, not just the agreed upon basics of the game. He even told people how to amend the program when their interpretation differed from his.

If there is ever a SR or Dumpshock Hall of Fame, McMackie deserves to be in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012