Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lets see your Cheat Sheets!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zazen
My game just started up again, so I'm posting here to ask for help in collecting a good set of quick reference guides. I have two things in mind:

Things to print out and give to my players. I figure it'll be nice to give the human-artillery-squad a sheet outlining how to use a missile launcher, the mage a sheet on how to roll for a spell properly, etc. My players have a rough time with easy rules, so the complex ones really slow things down.

Things to stick on the inside of a cheapie GM screen. I taped two pieces of short cardboard together (not a screen really, but an excuse to hang tables and post-its) and assembled a whole bunch of combat stuff that I forget a lot, like rules for toxins, getting over shock weapon disorientation, etc. It took me two nights and it was a lot of hassle, so I don't want to keep going for healing rules, magic picayunne, vehicle stuff, etc. if someone else has already gone to the trouble. I have it set up so I can flip the pages up and over the "screen", and thus can fit as many pages as I like.

And has anyone head from Plastic Rat lately, who keeps posting about making them and then disappears?
Tanka
It's called the GM Screen, and it's offered at many places, of which I think Amazon and StiggyBaby are two. wink.gif

As for cheapo stuff... TNs for firearm ranges, modifiers for melee combat, wound modifiers, modifiers for firearms (Called Shot and Take Aim, for example).

Possibly examples of Barrier ratings. Never know when the Sammie is going to say "I shoot through the hardened door!" Tell him his measily Pred III doesn't have the firepower to make a dent, let alone a hole. devil.gif
hp_warcraft
If you have a decker: Matrix pp. 162-63!
Zazen
tanka-

I find the GM screen they sell in stores to be inadequate for my needs, though. One of my players has one. It has a lot of stuff I don't need, lacks almost everything that I do need, and it's too high for my tastes (it feels more like a wall than a screen).

What I want are other peoples premade sheets. If I had the means to do so, I'd post the ones I made.

hp- I don't have any deckers this time around, but that's a good idea for later on. Thanks.
Tanka
I think the screen is of perfect height. Of course, I'm 6'4" and tend to sit up straight or nearly-so. That does tend to help out, doesn't it?
Wonazer
QUOTE (tanka)
It's called the GM Screen, and it's offered at many places, of which I think Amazon and StiggyBaby are two. wink.gif

As for cheapo stuff... TNs for firearm ranges, modifiers for melee combat, wound modifiers, modifiers for firearms (Called Shot and Take Aim, for example).

Possibly examples of Barrier ratings. Never know when the Sammie is going to say "I shoot through the hardened door!" Tell him his measily Pred III doesn't have the firepower to make a dent, let alone a hole. devil.gif

From Amazon -

Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.

Stiggy Baby is currently down for maintainance.

Personally, I have had ZERO luck finding it locally, which is a requirement due to my lack of a credit card.
Connor
The page with the NSRCG has the Lost Tables which is completely seperate from the NSRCG and something I've found handy to have around.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to make up anything of my own yet since I started GMing. Perhaps between semester's...
mfb
for playing online, tables are teh l33t.
Tanka
<offtopic> Nindaru: Stiggy Baby is up and running fine. Maybe it just hates you. wink.gif </offtopic>

Take what I suggested earlier, and what mfb just suggested. Some of the targetted stats of the players, like Willpower, Intelligence, and Charisma. Or even just all of their Attributes to be handy.
Vagabond
GM Screen 3rd edition
You're welcome. biggrin.gif
Thanos007
Yeah. That's nice. Got one. Mostly useless except for combat. I think what the original poster wants is a sheet of tables for, oh say, healing. Which are spread over about 4 to 5 pages. Or what ever. Most RPG's used to have a few pages in the back that contained all charts used in the games. Well it's the 21st century and I suppose that would be asking too much. It must be so much harder now that things are on computer instead of being able to do it the easy way by hand.

Thanos
Mongoose
One of the TSS issues has a set of mages cheat sheets I made up that has all the relevant spirit stats, summonig proceduresm drains, and a fair whack of spellcasting info as well as certin tables like astral perception results, astral combat damage codes, etc.

I think its number 11, not quite sure.

Zazen
I just looked through most of the issues (9-16 or so) and was unable to find them. Are you sure you're not thinking of something else?
mfb
most of my tables have the character names as links to the characters' sheets. i don't remember if i did that in the example i gave (i mainly listed it to show off how cool my code is); if not, i'll remedy that tonight.
Munchkinslayer
QUOTE (Mongoose)
I think its number 11, not quite sure.

It is 11
Zazen
Hey, I found 'em. I was looking at the html versions rather than checking the larger pdf files. Thanks Mongoose, these should be pretty helpful.
Munchkinslayer
Oh, sure. Goose gets all the love, but nothin' for my confirmation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012