Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well I snapped...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
swirler
Okay, not really
but I did break down and email Amazon.com about neither Augmentation nor Emergence being available for my purchasing convenience. I just think it's weird they arent listed, well Emergence is, but through side vendors. As I may have mentioned before, I don't have a FLGS. So I end up buying alot through amazon.
hope they get this fixed.
Jaid
it's probably the result of the changeover from fanpro to CATalyst (hmmm... maybe CATco is gonna make a comeback =P )

the ISBNs all changed, which is probably why the books are not there but were before... i assume they would list all versions of the books if you did a search, but maybe they had to renegotiate or something when the company changed?
Adam
Catalyst doesn't yet have a distribution deal with Amazon. We're working on getting it done, but there are numerous other online stores carrying Emergence and Augmentation.
swirler
ahh
I wondered if that wasn't the case
DTFarstar
Hey, Adam, for those of us not in the know any chance you could post a list of those companies online and otherwise you DO have a distribution deal with?

Chris
eidolon
Stiggybaby.com has both Augmentation and Emergence at the moment. They're great. I got all of my SR4 stuff except for those two from them just before Gencon. They usually reorder fairly often, but you can always email them and ask when they're getting more stuff in.

FRP Games has SR4 books as well.
Adam
QUOTE (DTFarstar)
Hey, Adam, for those of us not in the know any chance you could post a list of those companies online and otherwise you DO have a distribution deal with?

There are still a few smaller and international distributors who we've yet to have accounts set up with, for various reasons, but we're working on them.

We don't have deals with individual gaming stores; we sell our products to hobby distributors, who sell them to stores. Therefore, just about any gaming/comic/hobby shop [online or not] can stock our products.
Aaron
So, is the implication here that if it's not on Amazon, it's impossible to buy Shadowrun books online?
DTFarstar
No, the implication is that we are lazy and were wondering if there was a good list so we wouldn't have to work for it. I mean, I've found all the books and either have them or they are on their way in to me, just would have been easier with a list of stores because I'm cheap so I try and find as many places as possible and compare prices.

Chris
swirler
QUOTE (Aaron)
So, is the implication here that if it's not on Amazon, it's impossible to buy Shadowrun books online?

no, you can buy the others there, just not augmentation and emergence, the ones I don't have yet
I use amazon for most of my online orders for 3 main reasons
1. price
2. Shipping price. I do that 'amazon prime' thing so 2 day shipping is free. Between my fiance and I, we order stuff online so often its cheaper to pay the one time fee a year and then get stuff 2day all year long for no extra $$

3. for gifts I just ask for amazon gift certs. My family, on both my side and my fiance's side thinks "RPGs are stupid." and its simpler to ask for amazon credit and i can get what i want w/o hassle, or expecting them to go places they cant go to get it. Like I said, no FLGS here. (also if you trade in change at a coinstar machine you can get the full amount if you pick an amazon credit.) so it just works best for me.

I will most likely get it from some other place though, unless I end up having to wait awhile
JBlades
I'd really recommend Stiggybaby's, like eidolon said. I've had great experiences with them and they offer good deals.
Zhan Shi
nobleknight.com. Never had a single problem with 'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012