Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a ruling on cybereyes.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ferret825
Hello all,

A quick question pertaining to cybereyes: When I apply the cost multiplier for Alpha/Beta/Deltaware for a set of cybereyes (or any other capacity containing device) do I multiply the cost of the basic unit, or all the stuff inside as well? Thanks in advance for the info.
Aristotle
No book on hand, but I believe it has always been the case that any components placed into a piece of ware must be the same grade as the ware. So both the eyes and the upgrades would need to have their costs multiplied.
coolgrafix
Aristotle is correct. Note last sentence below.

SR4 pg 303...

CYBERWARE AND BIOWARE GRADES
Cyberware and bioware is available in four grades: standard, alphaware, betaware, and deltaware. Only standard and alphaware may be purchased at character creation. The prices for cyberware and bioware presented in this chapter are for standard 'ware (with the exception of cultured bioware, see p. 339). When purchasing implants of other grades, apply the Essence Cost and Cost adjustments as noted on the Implant Grades table (above).

Note that cyberware accessories must be of the same grade as the implant they are added to.
Kerris
Components inside the eyes, however, take up no essence - just capacity.
eidolon
Right, but you still adjust the cost.
ferret825
Domo arigato, gentlemen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012