Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Customizing Drones with weapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gerzel
Ok, I'm baffled and am sure that there must be some mistakes in the book. So I'm looking for some expert advice on how to do this.

The basic idea:
I want to mount a small weapon (for example a handgun or tazer) on a small body 1 drone as a customization. I would like the weapon to be concealed if at all possible and naturally after that would like to have a larger firing ark. Lets say for example I want to do this to a Ferret drone.

I need to know the cost, availability, cf consumed and street index as well as what kind of mount I can get away with and how concealed it is.
Kagetenshi
What kind of Drone? I'm not familiar with the Ferret—how much CF and Load does it have available?

The answers are all in the R3R customization section, but it can be intimidating to sift through.

~J
Gerzel
I've been "sifting" through the R3R customization section for a couple of hours and am still confused.

The ferret is on R3R pg 173 right beside the weasel boy drone picture.

Oh and it has 4 CF
tisoz
Weapons are mounted on firmpoints, hardpoints, or turrets. A Body 1 vehicle can only support a firmpoint (R3R.135) and a firmpoint allows mounting of a LMG or smaller weapon. Ammunition is addressed in the next section on page 135. Firmpoints are discussed further on page 136 and turrets are discussed (with a table) on page 140.
Gerzel
QUOTE (tisoz)
Weapons are mounted on firmpoints, hardpoints, or turrets. A Body 1 vehicle can only support a firmpoint (R3R.135) and a firmpoint allows mounting of a LMG or smaller weapon. Ammunition is addressed in the next section on page 135. Firmpoints are discussed further on page 136 and turrets are discussed (with a table) on page 140.

I know that. My difficulty does not lie in the need for firm points. The requirements for the types of mounts are confusing.

From what I can tell as an upgrade:

Fixed External: 3 CF
Fixed Internal: 5 CF
Remote Microturret: 1 CF
Popup Remote Microturret: 1CF
Kagetenshi
How strange. As far as I can tell, a Pop-Up Remote Microturret is almost strictly better than an Internal Firmpoint—the latter can mount LMGs, but otherwise they mount the same things but the Microturret costs a quarter the CF (granted, it's cheaper nuyen-wise).

Anyway, your choices are a fixed external mount, a remote microturret, a pop-up remote microturret, or a remote miniturret [forgot about foopoints, even though you have the CF you don't have the hardpoint]. Maybe once I've woken up a bit more I'll put costs, etc.

~J
Gerzel
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
How strange. As far as I can tell, a Pop-Up Remote Microturret is almost strictly better than an Internal Firmpoint—the latter can mount LMGs, but otherwise they mount the same things but the Microturret costs a quarter the CF (granted, it's cheaper nuyen-wise).

Anyway, your choices are a fixed external mount, a remote microturret, a pop-up remote microturret, or a remote miniturret [forgot about foopoints, even though you have the CF you don't have the hardpoint]. Maybe once I've woken up a bit more I'll put costs, etc.

~J

Now you see why I think there has to be a misprint or error somewhere in there.

Probably one reason why people often think the rigger system for sr3 is difficult is because it is inconsistent with itself.
Kagetenshi
Not really—it's not inconsistent at all, it's just misbalanced. Sorta like all of those weapon skills that only apply to one specialized weapon. There's no contradiction, just a piece of gear that is rendered almost worthless.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012