Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MYST1C
As posted by Lars "labrat" Blumenstein @ Eisparadies forum:
  • Corporate Enclaves is through layout and in final proofing
  • Arsenal final drafts are in layout, final edits are in proofing
  • Unwired first drafts are in playtest, feedback is coming in
  • Work on new plotbook has begun
eidolon
I'd like to offer proofing time. I'm still finding typos and left over sentence bits in my copy of SR4. wink.gif
bibliophile20
QUOTE (eidolon)
I'd like to offer proofing time. I'm still finding typos and left over sentence bits in my copy of SR4. wink.gif

Uh huh, and your reasons for making such an offer are entirely honorable and self-sacrificing, right?

wink.gif biggrin.gif
eidolon
To be honest, yeah, mostly. From a product standpoint, it weakens the quality of the work. I know it's damn hard to proof something that's 300 pages, and I'm not saying they're doing a bad job, but typos and stuff: bad. But then, I'm not on a deadline, so I have a few days to read The Awakened World. (Which is in a dead heat for Street Gear for having the most mistakes that slipped through, just thinking back now.)

On the "it would benefit me" front, it really throws me when I'm reading and I come across something like half of a sentence, or missing words. I read RPG books cover to cover as soon as I can, rather than just using them as reference books, so when I'm cruising through and I have to reread sections, it's annoying.

You never catch everything, but some of them are pretty outstanding.

Very minor gripe, to be sure, but still. I have to imagine that System Failure was horribly rushed, because there were 10s of issues in it. It just throws you for a loop when you're reading. *shrug*

bofh
Yep, me too. Coming across the double comma in the core book recently had me *erk* to a stop and back up to re-read it smile.gif

Carl
Kyoto Kid
,,.be glad you are not in the digital print media. One little line that is "off" or a colour that "just doesn't look right" and back to square one...and again...and again...

...and a lot of time it is a hardware issue.
Dashifen
Interesting ... my brain just fixes typoes and fills in sentences, etc. I don't even see them.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Interesting ... my brain just fixes typoes and fills in sentences, etc.  I don't even see them.

Meaning you're not exactly suited to be a proof-reader...

I usually spot typos and grammar errors (in German!) at first sight - years of experience proof-reading my girlfriend's university essays.
bofh
Yep. Way way way back I was a typesetter and had to proofread the output. Add in that I'm a documentation geek and typos just jump right out at me. I once got a free trip to a company's headquarters and invited to go with the group to a local Penn Ren Faire because I kept finding typos in their docs. They sent me the docs to the newest release of the program before releasing it (and no, I didn't get paid unless you count the trip to the Ren Faire). I was specifically hired at my current job because I'm a big proponent of documentation.

smile.gif

Carl
eidolon
I was doing documentation and proofing others' documentation at the company I work for now before I moved into what I'm doing these days. Same thing. The stuff just jumps off the page and slaps me.
Caine Hazen
Fuck documentation, fuck it hard....

It has made my week a living hell.

On the bright side, we'll hopefully hear some street dates and see preview art soon biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...In one of my previous occupations I used to proof medical journal copy for electronic publication against the original hard copy. Talk about eye numbing, especially when there were articles on genetics that included long RNA sequences usually all in 8pt font.

...and man, if you messed up, it was a serious matter.
Dashifen
QUOTE (MYST1C)
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Interesting ... my brain just fixes typoes and fills in sentences, etc.  I don't even see them.

Yeah. Dyslexia doesn't help that either biggrin.gif
Darksyde
QUOTE (MYST1C)

Or he's an Exalted player. wink.gif You build a quick immunity.
Grinder
QUOTE (MYST1C)
As posted by Lars "labrat" Blumenstein @ Eisparadies forum:
  • Corporate Enclaves is through layout and in final proofing
  • Arsenal final drafts are in layout, final edits are in proofing
  • Unwired first drafts are in playtest, feedback is coming in
  • Work on new plotbook has begun

Rumours said that it will be announced toady on the Spiel 07 in Essen, who's going to get the german SR license.
Darksyde
Even with all the new stuff lined up I most want to get my hands on printing 5 of the core book.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Interesting ... my brain just fixes typos and fills in sentences, etc. I don't even see them.

I do the exact same thing. LOL
DTFarstar
My brain did fill it in till your guys mentioned it. Now it is driving me crazy. Damn you all!

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012