Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Security Corps in 2070?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
noonesshowmonkey
I have a player who wants to run as an undercover cop. Clearly, I am pleased. The question is, besides the obvious LoneStar or Knight Errant, what are the major movers and shakers in the Seattle security scene in the 2070s? I am not exactly rolling in fluff when it comes to these things. The listings in the core books are a little scarce and I don't have the other source books.

I did a bit of search-fu and came up with a few things, but not much aimed at this particular question.

If anyone would be willing to post a few corps, their overview and the like, I would be much appreciative. Preferably without violating any copywrites...

Something along the lines of - "LoneStar - serving the seattle area since XXXX, specializing in YYYY with departments in Z1, Z2, Z3 etc etc etc."

A primer, of sorts.

Thanks.

- der menkey

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
~ Ernest Hemingway
noonesshowmonkey
Don't fail me now, Dumpshock!

Can anyone at least point me to the right sources?

- der menkey

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
~ Ernest Hemingway
FrankTrollman
Most of the old city books listed regional security contractors. Hard Corps is a perenial favorite (although it's just Knight Errant wearing their "What Civil Rights?" hats). Also good is Indrajit, which patrols the skies with helicopter gunships over the skies of Mumbai. Until recently the Nippon Imperial Marines were also a for-profit contract security company. And all of the megacorps have their own in-house security enforcement divisions. So it's perfectly reasonable for an undercover cop to have a subdermal stealth tag which displays the Double Star emblem of NeoNET in response to the right signal.

But others include: Wolverine Security; Eagle Security; Emerald City Security; Nightingale; Olympic Security. Not really sure how much I can say about them without violating copyright.

-Frank
Simon May
I thought Nightingale was a competitor of DocWagon in the upper North East?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Simon May)
I thought Nightingale was a competitor of DocWagon in the upper North East?

Yeah, but New Seattle also has them listed as a security contractor.

-Frank
Slump
Considering the need for High Threat Response teams, it's not surprising that an ambulance company would maintain a highly-trained security force. So why not make some extra money when you don't need them to accompany ambulances?
noonesshowmonkey
Frank, or anyone else for that matter, which books in particular would you suggest as offering the most fertile bits of info?

Thanks, gents.

- der menkey

~ Ernest Hemingway
JBlades
The UCAS feds (FBI, CIA, DHS) are also still around and might be very interested at the moment in getting someone into the Seattle shadow scene to keep an eye out for political runs that might have a bearing on the secession movement.

Along the same lines, take a look at the Joint Task Force Seattle section in Runner Havens (page 69). He could be one of Darcy's intel group guys, or even a CID (Army counter intelligence) plant keeping an eye on Darcy for a possible military coup/dictator set-up scenario or just taking a more routine look for possible Tir/Salish/Sioux agents in the Seattle shadows.

A personal favorite of mine are State Department Consular Ops who do a lot of black dirty work concerning foreign powers, and a city like Seattle would be prime time for them with all the political power maneuvering that goes on there among the UCAS and Tir/Salish/Sioux.
TheMadDutchman
They could be the RCMP. Though they were probably integrated w/ the FBI after the joining of Canada and the Union.

JBlades
QUOTE (TheMadDutchman)
They could be the RCMP. Though they were probably integrated w/ the FBI after the joining of Canada and the Union.

Lol, I see a Due South character coming this way...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012