Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ShadowRN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Graht
The ShadowRN email list is back up and running. For more information and subscription instructions go to: http://shadowrn.understairs.nl/
Fortune
Do previous list members need to re-register?
eidolon
Forgive the ignorance, but what purpose does a mailing list serve in an era of forums? Is it just a matter of preference?
Simon May
I was sorely disappointed when I found out the mailing list isn't for Shadowrun nurses.
bofh
One advantage would be your personal communit (I mean Blackberry smile.gif ). I haven't been able to successfully browse everything (just got it about a month ago) so having a list might be better than a forum.

Generally yea. With forums it does seem a little 20th Centuryish biggrin.gif

I did join. I was on it years ago so maybe a little out of nostalgia.

Carl
Kagetenshi
Mailing lists are push. I don't need to actively go and seek out information on them. With a forum, any time I don't visit the forum I don't see anything that happens there.

~J
Graht
QUOTE (eidolon)
Forgive the ignorance, but what purpose does a mailing list serve in an era of forums? Is it just a matter of preference?

As others have said, you don't have to check the forums every day. The email conversations just show up in your mail box.

If you're not in the U.S. and you're on dialup browsing a U.S.-based web forum is a painful experience. Heck, even if you have a highspeed connection it can still be slow.

Joining and participating in a mailing list requires a little bit more intelligence than posting to a web based forum. The membership and topics are generally a little bit better wink.gif

If you were once a member of ShadowRN and weren't automatically subscribed when it came back you'll have to resubscribe manually.
Platinum
This would be awesome if you could get all the old members on like Robert, Marc, etc.

Remember how exciting it was when Mike Mulvahill was posting?
Larsine
Thanks... I've been waiting for to long for this.

Lars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012