Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character generators
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
How anyone made any updated character generators that incorporate Augmentation yet?
Casper
Good luck with that.
Alphastream
To say it a bit more positively, there are a number of programs, and several of the authors have said they will implement Augmentation. They haven't finished yet, though.

I've been surprised by how different the various character generators are, and that they all have a few 'features' you have to deal with. Check them out and one will likely meet your needs other than the Augmentation bit.
raverbane
Thanks for the info
Kyoto Kid
...I've been slowly updating the appropriate tables in WizDoc as I go. This is the easiest to work with as it is basically a dynamic Excel Spreadsheet & you really don't need to know the macro language to add the updates.

GeneTech goes in the Bioware table

Nanoware goes into the Cyberware Table.

Nanogear (which does not cost essence) goes in the Gear table.

All new Positive and Negative Qualities are added to the appropriate tables as well
Fortune
I want to know just which one is the best Character Generator out there, in everyone's point of view.
DrZaius
Daegann's, in my opinion.
MaxHunter
I like blakkie's the most; it's an excel spreadsheet "sr4chargen" IIRC.

It hasn't got Augmentation update yet. I also believe that Nychuus' shows great promise.

Cheers,

MAx
raverbane
Can someone post some links to these?

Thanks
Mr. Croup
try the community projects section...
WearzManySkins
As for the SR4chargen.xls just unlock the sheet and add the things from Augmentation, but some of the implementation of Genecrafted, Genetic Heritage, and some of the new gear can be problematic, I have done it, so it can be done.

Over all of the generators I like SR4chargen best.

WMS
raverbane
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
As for the SR4chargen.xls just unlock the sheet and add the things from Augmentation, but some of the implementation of Genecrafted, Genetic Heritage, and some of the new gear can be problematic, I have done it, so it can be done.

Over all of the generators I like SR4chargen best.

WMS

I have used SR4chargen and like it alot, as well. I use Excel but am not a wiz at it. I can get the sheet to unlock, baut cant seem to find the data tables to add stuff.

Any suggestions would be great
WearzManySkins
@Riverbane

FYI make sure you make a unaltered copy of the spreadsheet and put into a different directory, in case of some error or the like occurs.

Select Format, then Sheet, then Unhide, the select each of the three hidden sheets.

Adept Powers sheet does not need any updated due to Augmentation.

Ware Lists Sheet is the one you will need to add the Augmentation gear, make sure you change the Named Ranges to include the data cells you are adding.

Sheet1 Sheet is where you will add the new Qualities, again make sure the Named Range covers the additional cells.

WMS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012