Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can Edit do on the fly?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Moon-Hawk
Work-safe video
bibliophile20
Damn. That's pretty impressive.
Moon-Hawk
I don't know if you checked the comments at the bottom of the page, but there's a free download that lets you do everything in the demo. The demo is available for Windows and Linux, is about 2MB, and does not require installation.

Now take this functionality, improve/polish it a bit, and add the feature for it to recognize important similarities between two very similar images (such as successive video frames) and one can easily imagine how this technology could be extrapolated to real-time video modification. (assuming you have crap-your-pants processing power)
eidolon
That's pretty damn amazing.
Moon-Hawk
I've been playing with it all afternoon. I made a barn disappear. biggrin.gif
pbangarth
Does anybody still believe in photos as valid evidence in court?
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (pbangarth)

In real-life? I'm not a lawyer.

In Shadowrun, I assume that for recordings to be reasonably credible/admissible they need to be simsense, preferably full-X and preferably from multiple simultaneous corroborating POVs, so that if there's any funny-business an expert can spot it pretty easily under scrutiny. At least, that's what I'm planning to tell my PCs for the next run which involves a sting operation for Lone Star. But really, whatever works best for your plot. biggrin.gif
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 1 2007, 02:22 PM)

In real-life? I'm not a lawyer.

In Shadowrun, I assume that for recordings to be reasonably credible/admissible they need to be simsense, preferably full-X and preferably from multiple simultaneous corroborating POVs, so that if there's any funny-business an expert can spot it pretty easily under scrutiny. At least, that's what I'm planning to tell my PCs for the next run which involves a sting operation for Lone Star. But really, whatever works best for your plot. biggrin.gif

Well, IIRC from SOTA 2064, it's mentioned that police CSI people use old fashioned photography film, because they're not as easy to manipulate as it is to manipulate a digital image.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012