Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmentation in Canada
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
I just cancelled my Augmentation order from Amazon.ca

I placed the order in august and they just delayed it up to January!!!

However, Anyone here can suggest me a place to purchase it in Montreal Downtown? (or on the web if the shipping and handling fees are not excessive)?

Thank you
deek
Try eBay...that is where I got all of my SR4 books. There are at least a few bookstores selling their wares on eBay and I am sure you could find one closer to you.
TW
Maybe you want to try Le Valet d'Coeur. Never been there myself, but at least their website looks like they have quite a selection, SR among them (all SR items are still under Fanpro, but the specific category apparently wasn't updated since April this year). Google also found this (you have to scroll halfway through the topic to get the addresses mentioned below):

Dongeon Store outlets in Montreal
- 10810 Lajeunesse (metro Henri-Bourassa, corner Henri-Bourassa)
- 1312 De Maisonneuve est (5 minutes from Metro Beaudry)

Good luck.
JesterX
QUOTE (TW)
Maybe you want to try Le Valet d'Coeur. Never been there myself, but at least their website looks like they have quite a selection, SR among them (all SR items are still under Fanpro, but the specific category apparently wasn't updated since April this year). Google also found this (you have to scroll halfway through the topic to get the addresses mentioned below):

Dongeon Store outlets in Montreal
- 10810 Lajeunesse (metro Henri-Bourassa, corner Henri-Bourassa)
- 1312 De Maisonneuve est (5 minutes from Metro Beaudry)

Good luck.

I'm quite familiar with all these stores... However no one seems to have some in stock right now frown.gif

I guess I won't have much choice but to buy it online... and pay a lot of shipping cost and customs...

Critias
You can always just download the pdf, can't you? If you're not heart-set on a paper copy? I don't think being an international buyer would influence that sort of sale any.
JesterX
Ah! Just found one copy at Le Donjon!!! They just opened a box that had 2 of them!

However, they sell it at quite an high price (34,99$ canadian) = 38.15$ US

Well, I'll go buy it after work... ^_^
Adam
Sentry Box in Calgary does mail order and stocks Catalyst Game labs: http://www.sentrybox.com

Catalyst is not selling to Amazon at this point in time.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (JesterX)
However, they sell it at quite an high price (34,99$ Canadian) = 38.15$ US

...wait, the Canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar? When did that happen? question.gif
Dashifen
According to the Intartubes, the Canadian dollar reached equality with the US dollar on Sept. 20, 2007. I can't find a firm date on when it overtook the US dollar, but it has to be since then.
Kyoto Kid
...nuts, that means the price of Molson's going to go up...
pbangarth
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (JesterX)

...wait, the Canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar? When did that happen? question.gif

Publishers set the pricing on the jacket months before printing. The listed price reflects a disparity long left behind. Sellers in Canada, for obvious reasons, are loath to charge anything lower than what they can get away with.
fatal2ty
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (JesterX)

we've been about even for a few months

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/10/31/d...dollarjump.html
Adam
QUOTE (pbangarth)
Publishers set the pricing on the jacket months before printing. The listed price reflects a disparity long left behind. Sellers in Canada, for obvious reasons, are loath to charge anything lower than what they can get away with.

That's why we only put the USD price on our books: it makes it easier for the market to adjust the prices as currencies change.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (JesterX)
I just cancelled my Augmentation order from Amazon.ca

As mentioned later in the thread, it's Catalyst's fault, not Amazon's. They don't want to sell to them anymore for some silly reason. So don't hold it against Amazon too much.
Large Mike
Also, it's worth noting that at Sentry Box, where Adam mentioned, I've personally heard them claim to ship *anywhere*. They're pretty good about it. They hunted me down a copy of 4th LE and sent it to me while I was on exercise, which is pretty impressive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012