Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site going down but new shadowrun material
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser
Hi.,

For those who remember me, I said I would post back here to let people know when I'd completed the next complete module (following on from Cold Blood and Carnival). Looking at the way things have gone, that's not going to happen in the near future. My time's been taken up with a lot of other things these days. This is mainly to let people know that I'm bringing my site down so if anyone has got used to grabbing things from it as needed, or if anyone wishes to copy any of the material onto their own site, now is the time. People are quite welcome to do the latter so long as my name as author is still attached. I don't know when the site will actually go down, but I think it will be at the end of the month.

This is also just to say that as I'm not likely to finish writing up a couple of pieces, I'm sticking up two pseudo-adventures in an incomplete stage. These aren't the full-module I was working on. One is an example corporate enclave that I began and the other is a mini-mission. The former especially has a fair bit of pinchable material in the form of stats, maps and flavour text. The latter would probably just get me linched once you see the subject matter. wink.gif

I'm not bothering to update the website with details, so direct links to the files are as follows:

Sample Corporate Enclave:
http://www.knasser.me.uk/content/shadowrun..._incomplete.pdf

Operation Drop Bears:
http://www.knasser.me.uk/content/shadowrun..._incomplete.pdf

Pass this on to anyone that you think may be interested before the site goes. As stated, both are incomplete.

For those who are interested, I've been getting progressively more involved in politics and have been directing a lot of my keyboard skills to that end, these days. We (I'm in the UK) had King Abdullah warmly welcomed by our Prime Minister last month. For those I had PM conversations with on the subject, you'll recall my affection for the Saudi regime. There's a lot needs doing with my country when this happens. But the funny thing is, the more I get myself involved in real life politics, the harder I find it to run a dystopian setting. You'd think it would be the other way around, but it seems not. smile.gif

I'll respond to feedback in this thread and my email address is of course still valid (I'm keeping the domain), but I don't intend to spend much time on correcting any mistakes in the above material. It just seems a shame to waste it entirely.

Regards,

-Khadim.

EDIT: For anyone who never saw it, the link to my site is the first one in my sig.
Ryu
I´ve seen and used your site before. Thank you, and good luck.
raphabonelli
Man. You're site is great.

I did downloaded some material from there, and all was really, really usefull to me. In special, the Matrix History and Matrix Exemples documents, which i printed and handed to the player who plays with a hacker in my campaing... have helped a lot.

Thanks for all you have done, e really hope that life shine bright in that road you're walking in the future. I wish you good luck.
Fortune
You do know that you don't have to continue this self-imposed (semi) exile, don't you? You are always welcome to return, as both yourself and your input are sorely missed. smile.gif
JBlades
Thanks man, I hope things work out well for you in politics, and wanted to say thanks for all the great stuff you've done here. Also, like Fortune said, just because you take down the site doesn't mean you have to be a stranger!
Jaid
QUOTE (JBlades)
Also, like Fortune said, just because you take down the site doesn't mean you have to be a stranger!

that isn't what fortune was referring to, but still, the sentiment remains the same, and i also agree:

no one is going to force you to stay away, and in fact i think it would be great if you came back. your contributions to discussions are always welcomed by me.
knasser
Thanks for the comments, all of you. I think I enjoyed writing every last word of that material, especially some of the character descriptions. It's good to know that other people have found some use out of it all.

Fortune / Jaid - my own group has now shelved due to time pressures on everyone's lives, so I'm not really producing any new GM material now and RP'ing is taking a bit more of a back seat to other areas of my life. But I will say that the level of discussion on these boards is fantastic and I've got a lot out of being part of the community here. I had another look at the White Wolf stuff not long ago as I thought in the absence of a campaign, I might pull off the odd WoD one-shot. Wow! Their forums looked like a bunch of mewling children after spending time on Dumpshock. I can only guess that Shadowrun attracts the best of the role-playing community.

I'll look in on occasion, if only to see what's in Arsenal. Dikoted Ally Spirits, I hope. wink.gif

And Fortune - don't be too upset: the mini-adventure was written just for you! wink.gif biggrin.gif vegm.gif

-K.

(p.s. Just remembered - I'm supposed to be having one of my stories published in the Shadowrun webfiction. It was accepted ages ago but my last emails weren't replied to so I don't know what's happened with it. Should hopefully appear some day, though).
Fortune
QUOTE (knasser)
And Fortune - don't be too upset: the mini-adventure was written just for you!

Oooooooo! Shiny! cool.gif

I'm supposed to be having one of my stories published in the Shadowrun webfiction. It was accepted ages ago but my last emails weren't replied to so I don't know what's happened with it. Should hopefully appear some day, though.

Fingers crossed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012