Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Map
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raij
I'm wondering if I'm not the only GM who can't help but wish I had a solid Seattle map once in a while. Of course I have the various little maps from different books on the gaming laptop, but I am looking for something with a little more color, size, and appeal. (that I could print out for the table) Does anyone know of any maps that will suit this purpose?
Mercer
Like a Street Map? You could get a modern day map of Seattle of the appropriate size and it's probably work fine. If you wanted to, you could compare it to SR maps and scribble in the important locations like borders, arcologies and Z-Zones.
raphabonelli
There is a type of file used by Google Earth to overlay your own marking over the real map. Somepeople here on Dumpshock did this overlays for Seattle, Denver and Hong Kong.

You can find it HERE!

And the Hong Kong one you find on this topic.

Hope it help you.
Smilin_Jack
Personally I just use Google Earth overlay that Raphalbonelli is talking about and plop down the locations based on nearest address.

Seattle Google Earth SRized
Sir Knight
Hello, first time poster here.

I have a not so humble request to make. I would like to find a big map over Seattle. The bigger the better.

It would really help me and my players of we could get a sense of size and layout.
Paradigm
Use the google earth map and zoom in as far as you can, they're not likely to get bigger than that, as in a lot of places you're able to zoom down to street level.
Smilin_Jack
What exactly do you mean by big? Something like this where you can zoom in?

The first screen shot is from an altitude of 65 kilometers the later is from 493 meters.

Granted I've taken the Google Earth data that raphabonelli mentioned earlier, but I've modified the display parameters and added my own overlays to separate the districts.
Tycho
hi
This looks great, can you bring this online, please?

cya
Tycho
Ghost in the Machine
Any chance someone familiar with the greater Seattle-Tacoma area could identify a building on that map for me?

There is a large building surrounded by semi-trucks and trailers sitting midway between Kent and The Boeing Company. It's just north of S222nd St, with 84th Ave S on the east and the tracks for Burlington Northern Santa Fe on the west.

That building coincides with the location of the PC's "day job" in my Shadowrun game. It would be cool to know what's really there now.

-~GitM
Smilin_Jack
QUOTE (Tycho)
hi
This looks great, can you bring this online, please?

cya
Tycho

Tycho -

As mentioned by raphabonelli this stuff is already online

There is a type of file used by Google Earth to overlay your own marking over the real map. Somepeople here on Dumpshock did this overlays for Seattle, Denver and Hong Kong.

You can find it here!

And the Hong Kong one you find on this topic.

Hope it help you.

If you're not talking about that - well then ignore this post.
Rajaat99
Wow, people are using my map? I gotta finish it.
Kool Kat
QUOTE (Rajaat99)
Wow, people are using my map? I gotta finish it.

I am going to now. I've been using Google Maps already but I like yours with the markers all over it. ^_^ Makes life much easier! Thanks for the work!
Rajaat99
You're welcome, but I still have to finish it.
cndblank
Thanks for creating it.

I'm looking forward to using it. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012