Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Publication Model
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Platinum
I was reading the thread on HMHVV and a little idea poped into my head.

I think Shadowrun has always missed out on creating little supplements. It would be cool if there was a HMHVV supplement that went a little more into the biology involved in each of the different versions. Listed some of the different legends, and possibly some personas.

Now I know that some of the biological information exists in places, and one or two characters are in threats, but from what I remember Van Ritchen's Guides to XXXX from TSR back in the day sold well. At least I imagined they did since group I knew that played that other system had a copy of guide to liches, vampires ... etc.

I would think that model would be better than having to comb through 5 books to find a snippet of information buried in a remote chapter of a supplement.

What do you think?
Ancient History
I think TSR went bankrupt and was bought by Wizards of the Coast.

I'm not against the idea of smaller, specialized supplements, but TSR isn't the model 'd choose to follow. Chaosium's monograph system might be better suited.
Critias
I think it has less to do with "stuff they'd like to publish" than with "stuff they have the manpower and resources to see published."
Smilin_Jack
Stuff like this would be great for online freebies or minimal cost Web Supplements.

Though I agree with Critias, I don't think they have the manpower to do this.
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Ancient History)

I'm not against the idea of smaller, specialized supplements, but TSR isn't the model 'd choose to follow. Chaosium's monograph system might be better suited.

What exactly is the monograph system? I'm a big fan of Call of Cthulhu, but have never really ready any of the supplements that much.

And as much as I like the idea of small, specialized supplements for Shadowrun,

a) every campaign I've been a part of has varied wildly from mission to mission. In that other game, you can do a campaign mostly against orcs, or something. In SR, there always seems to be a "twist" to keep players on their toes, and I'm not sure what the point would be of specialized supplements, if you ended up needeing all of them.

b) I'd just like to see some basic books for 4th edition before getting bogged down in exactly what makes a vampire different from a nosferatu
Stahlseele
i'd be all for the idea of not only selling ther german license but opening a whole sub division SHADOWRUN:ADL(or Europe) for example . .
eidolon
I'm against the idea because I'm worried that such "supplemental" content wouldn't be up to standard with the "core" material.

I also dislike the idea of creating the kind of book (and more importantly, rules) glut that this would entail.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Ancient History)

..or the Traveller's Aid supplements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012