Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shotting at or from moving vehicle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
All kinds of penalties, includeing additional defense bonus if in a vehicle. But nothing for fireing at or from a moveing vehicle, penaties for running or target moveing but not for fireing at or from vehicles at speed?

Missing somthing?
kzt
"Attacker in a moving vehicle –3"

My opinion is that most of the mods are too low given real characters with large dice pools.

Shooting a moving target isn't that hard if it's moving at the same speed and you can track it. The faster it is moving across your field of view the harder this is. Shooting someone inside a moving vehicle seems hard. It's been harder for me to shoot while moving fast than it is to shoot at the moving fast target.

Shooting at the move on foot is lot harder than the game makes it. Shooting and hitting the target at other then a walk at anything not really close is basically "not going to happen".

My very limited experience is that shooting from a moving vehicle (assuming it's not driving down a glass-smooth road) is fairly hard. Your arm and gun is bouncing around and that means the bullets are going to be scattered around the target.
(This is why armies that can afford it provide stabilized turrets.) Gunfire inside a car is REALLY loud. As in blood comes out of your ears loud. So it works a lot better if the muzzle is OUTSIDE the window.

If you are trying the Hollywood technique of driving and shooting left hand out the drivers window I wish you the best of luck and hope your comprehensive coverage is paid up, as you are likely to both not hit anything with the gun and hit something with the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012