Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Cartel
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
I saw on www.shadowrun4.com that there will be a new plot book in 2008 for SR:

Ghost Cartel

Anyone knows what it will be about?
Casper
My quess would be that its going to be about organized crime that has taken on a more globalized position so that there can be a criminal threat that fits in more with the new setting. Kinda like Kiser Sosay (sp?) and such.
Ancient History
I could tell you, but then I'd have to...um...tickle you until your promise not to tell anyone else. Yeah, that's the ticket...
WearzManySkins
from page 49 SR4

• Ghost Cartels: Though the traditional Central and South American narco-cartels suffered setbacks with the development of BTLs, thanks to biotechnology they have increased their crop sizes and profit margins and are getting back in the game with an assortment of traditional drugs and narcotics. Their biggest coup of late has been the development of bioengineered Awakened drugs—though they lack the full magical kick, they still carry enough mojo to take your mind on a ride—catered to exclusive clientele.

Runner Havens page 90

> These guys get a good chunk of their old-school drugs from the Ghost Cartels down in Latin America. Each side thinks they’re taking advantage of the other, but as long as the profits keep flowing, nobody cares too much.
> Glasswalker

Runner Havens page 127
> The Ghost Cartels are not to be messed with. After decades of fighting with Aztechnology—they had old family feuds with the cartels that founded ORO, Aztech’s predecessor—they are pretty resilient when it comes to outside interference. If you’re looking for other outfits, you’re out of luck—the Yaks are over in Peru (old Jap
domain) and have a minor foothold in Metropole, but neither the Mafia nor Vory have ever broken into the market. To top it all off, the Cartels have quite a few friends abroad. For instance, the Choson Ring handles point for the Olaya Cartel in Seattle, and the Triads are looking to tap the Cartel’s bioengineered Awakened drug market.
> Mihoshi Oni

From the various sources they are a South American Organized crime syndicates. Roots coming from various drugs and newly created drugs. But they have spread out into other lucrative vices like custom made prostitutes, made to the customers wished/needs.

So the book may be a plot and source book for information and use of Ghost Cartels.

WMS
raphabonelli
QUOTE (WearzManySkins)
From the various sources they are a South American Organized crime syndicates. Roots coming from various drugs and newly created drugs. But they have spread out into other lucrative vices like custom made prostitutes, made to the customers wished/needs.

Great book to be released with "Shadows of South America". grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
JBlades
They are the ghost of SoLA...
Prime Mover
This one was mentioned back with gencon info about future relaeses for next year or two. I wasnt so sure it deserved a yearly plot book, but I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

Worse news was Arsenal getting pushed back again. ;(
Cheops
There's also like a page or two write up about the Ghost Cartels in Underworld Sourcebook.
Sir_Psycho
Watch Blow.
BookWyrm
...and Casper? It's spelled Keyser Sőze. Don't forget the umlauts.
BookWyrm
As for the upcoming books, all I need is the release/arrival date & the ISBN. With luck, at least one will be available in time for ICON.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012