Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aug Cyberlimb Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tarantula
If you get a cyberarm with a UCCP, can you detach it at the wrist/elbow too? Or only at the shoulder?
CircuitBoyBlue
My character has a modular lower arm, and so far the GM has allowed me to swap out the hand for a hand-drone. He won't, however, allow me to swap out the gyro mount, so I had to buy an extra modular limb to plug into the socket whenever I need to not be holding.
Ryu
Plug and Play. I´d say have fun, but how will you handle capacity? Decucting the capacity of hand/lower arm from the capacity of the whole arm? What costs are associated with a UCCP?
Sir_Psycho
Go for your life, except at some point you should have to make a test for having it pop off when it takes a hit. For the sheer hilarity.
Jaid
iirc, there's some discussion about this in the "ask the developers about augmentation" thread.

as i recall, the answers were: yes, you can detach a modular cyberarm at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist. yes, just subtract the appropriate capacity for the part you're removing (note: you will have to keep track of what accessory is in which part of the cyberlimb if you want this level of detail).

but look up the thread for more certain results wink.gif
Tarantula
Actually, I was just looking at the book, and noticed something:
Aug, 45, "Modular cyberlimbs feature a universal cyberware connector plug (UCCP) just below the wrist, elbow, ankle, or knee joint, allowing them to be easily detached and re-attached."

They can't detach at the shoulder/hip at all.
Stahlseele
well . . it IS an improvement as you could only switch out hands/feet in SR3 . . come SR5, you will be able to switch whole body parts on the fly *g* . . hrm . . technically speaking with cyborgs you are able to switch whole BODIES on the fly . . so why not . . most GM's will probably let it fly *g*
Tarantula
Actually, with cyborgs, the CCU is its body, beyond that, its just a fancy rigger.
Fortune
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Nov 25 2007, 06:57 AM)
Actually, I was just looking at the book, and noticed something:
Aug, 45, "Modular cyberlimbs feature a universal cyberware connector plug (UCCP) just below the wrist, elbow, ankle, or knee joint, allowing them to be easily detached and re-attached."

They can't detach at the shoulder/hip at all.

I think it is worded that way because it is not assumed that every person with a modular arm will also have a cyber torso (which would be necessary for any switching type stuff). I would assume (and would rule thus if future Errata states otherwise) that if a cyber torso is present, then there is no problem having an adapter on the shoulder or hip to facilitate switching out the entire arm or leg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012