Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hong Kong Map
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
I am running a game in, you guessed it Hong Kong. I need a good map that has some of the Shadowrun locations or a electronic map that I can modify. Did a search using google for any Shadowrun maps of Hong Kong but outside of the simple ones in the various source books, no go. Any help would be appreciated.
Blade
Hong Kong has only been recently "added" to Shadowrun, so I'm not sure you'll find a lot of Shadowrun HK map.

The HK yellow pages map is quite good : http://www.ypmap.com/en/viewer.asp?mapServ...ice=LocationMap but it can't be modified.
If you want the locations of the places described in Runner Havens, take a look at DemonSeedElite's blog (the link should be in his signature), he gave the location in one of his posts.
DireRadiant
Tourist Maps is pretty good and has some pictures and stuff. The HKTB puts together some good material.

It's present day HK, but it gives you the idea. the major thing missing would be the Walled City.
Demonseed Elite
Link to a thread I posted here with a Google Earth overlay with the Runner Havens locations mapped right into it.
Stormdrake
Demonseed,
I remembered that you had done this just could not find it for some reason. So couple questions, how did you put that info in and can I add more if I want without messing it up for every one?
Demonseed Elite
In Google Earth, you can just add your own landmarks on the map and then save it and post it on the web so others can download it. I knew where everything I wrote was supposed to be, so I just put the markers on the map and then saved the file.

You can definitely download the file and add to it. It won't change the original file I posted; so it won't alter what anyone else downloads (unless you post your updated one online and people download that one).
Alphastream
Have you been to HK? I can always post some ideas if you would like. I have not read up on what is official, but I can go off of my travel experiences if that would be helpful.
Demonseed Elite
*resurrects dead thread*

Sorry to bring old threads back from the dead, but I was playing with Google Earth 5.0 today and realized my Hong Kong overlay was no longer accessible where I had uploaded it. So, if anyone wants an overlay for Google Earth that has the Hong Kong locations from Runner Havens on it, here you go. Let me know if you have any trouble with that link, I haven't used Box.net much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012