Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to find the name of a scenario ...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Divine Virus
I am trying to find the name of a module... actually, I am not sure if it is a published one, or a homebrew. I found this reference to it on the TV Tropes Wiki. It sounds like a blast though, and I would love to find information on it.

On the GM side of things, a certain Shadowrun GM has a scenario involving a seemingly simple data recovery mission in the summer home of a corporate executive. Said 1400 square foot summer home has DNA scanners on every possible entry-point and one behind every light in the house. (for those smartypants trolls/orcs thinking breaking open a wall will not activate it) Upon detecting a foreign entity it activates automated knife-hurling defenses hidden inside every cubbyhole, wall, cabinet door, regular door, and nearly every piece of furniture. Some of them have to be passed more than once to activate, ensuring the intruders are trapped inside and separated. Unhidden ones that can vary more degree-wise as to where they aim rise out of the sinks, fountains, and toilets like periscopes. The only way around this insanity is to shut down the CPU for the entire house, but every single area has a tar pit piggybacking another tar pit, path to the CPU looking like a blockaded train depot. On the upswing, the surprise twist is he was formerly a Mormon priest before becoming a high-powered CEO. The knives aren't large enough to kill even with most shots to the head or brain, and are swimming in tranquilizers, you have to be very unlucky to actually die. The downside (for females) is that most wives are former runners. By the way, the scanners also pinpoint weaknesses in whatever armor your character is wearing, for fully covered characters the house adjusts aiming towards that point. If you make it to the hidden second basement, you'll see a giant computer running all this madness behind bulletproof/waterproof glass. One of the loonier missions this runner/editor participated in. And lost his character to. (as it was female)
martindv
What the...

No, I don't recall any published module being that insane. Though many have tried.
Fortune
Doesn't sound familiar to me either.
martindv
That said, "a certain Shadowrun GM has a scenario" suggests it is in fact just a really awful homebrew.
Moon-Hawk
Sounds like something you'd find in the CLUE files, talking about what morons the players are for not taking anti-toilet-knife precautions. sarcastic.gif
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk)
Sounds like something you'd find in the CLUE files, talking about what morons the players are for not taking anti-toilet-knife precautions. sarcastic.gif

Toilet knives? That's the oldest trick in the book! Next you'll tell me you aren't prepared for urinal-tasers... rotfl.gif
eidolon
Are you sure that wasn't a Paranoia module?

But no, I don't think that's from any published material.
sinthalix
I don't think it's a module either. I have all of them (and have run almost half of them to this point in my campaign) and I don't remember this being in any of them.

That has to be a homebrew.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Dec 3 2007, 01:40 PM)
Sounds like something you'd find in the CLUE files, talking about what morons the players are for not taking anti-toilet-knife precautions.  sarcastic.gif

Toilet knives? That's the oldest trick in the book! Next you'll tell me you aren't prepared for urinal-tasers... rotfl.gif

I have to go pee but I'm scared. frown.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
Next you'll tell me you aren't prepared for urinal-tasers... rotfl.gif

...in the Midwest we called that an electrified fence. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012