Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ?Where do I find the cost of a spell formula?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bastard
Im looking for a character to learn a new spell, using third edition rules. You can either learn from someone (at 1000:nuyen: a day, plus living expenses) or purchase the formula off the matrix or wherever.

The SR3 Rulebook refers me to the Street Grimore, which I do not own. However, I do own Magic in the Shadows, but cannot find the rules/prices in there. Can you help me find it?
Stahlseele
ahem . . wasn't street grimore basically the part of SR3 and Magic in the Shadows dealing with Spells?
Fortune
From memory, I believe the costs were rated according to both Force and Drain code. The costs were (again from memory) ...

L = Force x 50
M = Force x 100
S = Force x 500
D = Force x 1000

There might have been variables according to spell category, but I can't recall off-hand.
Bastard
I believe there was a separate sourcebook also called Street Grimore, and it is listed in SR3 how they normally reference another book. I had the old sourcebook, but that was when I was a little tyke, so it is MIA, and I cannot recall it clearly.

Thanks for the info Fortune. If I dont find it in a book, your word will become cannon in my house. Dont you feel damn important now? biggrin.gif

EDIT: Yay! I found it. Its also in the very back of Street Gear section and you are exactly right Fortune. You reek of awesomeness. Found it hiding with the foci costs. I must be retarded wobble.gif and misread that other section. Thanks guys. biggrin.gif
Fortune
I always feel important. Now I just have (more) proof. wink.gif biggrin.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (Bastard)
Im looking for a character to learn a new spell, using third edition rules. You can either learn from someone (at 1000:nuyen: a day, plus living expenses) or purchase the formula off the matrix or wherever.

The SR3 Rulebook refers me to the Street Grimore, which I do not own. However, I do own Magic in the Shadows, but cannot find the rules/prices in there. Can you help me find it?

My SR3 lists the costs on page 305. They mimic Fortune's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012