Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weirdest. Shadowrun game. Ever.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phaeton
Chummers, I would like to show you the sum result of differences in RPing styles, lack of sleep, and natural insanity. Enjoy.
=====================================================

Future Juushichi: Don't make me turn this into a game of Canadian Pirates.

Future Juushichi: Fine. You play your normal characters and deal with THE COMPLETE AND UTTER INSANITY YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON YOURSELVES!

Future Juushichi: *There is a knock at Shinji's door.*
Inshu Takuhara: *Opens door. Blah blah blah*
CheeseBot151: (BACK IN CHARACTER, KNAVE!!)
Future Juushichi: (By the way, you'll be on the boat, Charlie.)
CheeseBot151: (...Boat?)
Inshu Takuhara: ( I don’t wanna know..)
CheeseBot151: (...What?! I'm confused...)
CheeseBot151: (What is this boat?!)
Future Juushichi: *Shinji opens his door to see an overweight troll with a sword at his side. more importantly, the hallway has been replaced with a river. This is odd. behind the troll is a boat, flying a flag that pictures a skull and crossbones in the shape of a maple leaf.*
CheeseBot151: (...WTF?!)
Inshu Takuhara: (..Now this.. is insanity.)
CheeseBot151: (Yes.)
CheeseBot151: (This is your fault, you know, Ryan...)
Future Juushichi: *the troll looks you right in the eye and states in a totally serious tone* We’re the pirates of the Saskatchewan, and we're recruiting.
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji peeked his head out the door, then leaned back in and shrugged.* ..Too little sleep. *Then he looked up at the troll* Good for you. Go get the loony that USED to live across from me. He’s perfect.
Future Juushichi: Nah, you're cuter. *with that, he winks at you, picks you up by the head, and walks back to the boat on a ridiculously long gangplank it just extended.*
CheeseBot151: Phaeton: "And who do we have here?!"
Inshu Takuhara: ..(That was wrong.)
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji kicked, no screaming.* LEMME GO YOU GREEN, WARTY FREAK!!
DAMN IT, LEMME GO!! OR I'LL FIND A WAY TO GET A SHARK TO EAT YOU!!
CheeseBot151: "...Just why am I here again?!"
Inshu Takuhara: ...*Then he thought a second.* ..cancel that last threat. Who would wanna eat you? It'd be like eating poison
CheeseBot151: "...Well, it depends on whether or not you hate sharks."
Future Juushichi: *The Troll steps onto the boat as you yell that. Another crew member overhears, this being a female ork* HEY, THE SHARKS ARE MY TURF! Granted they don't pay well, but they've got stamina!
Future Juushichi: *at this, several male crewmen nearby her take a step back.*
CheeseBot151: "...I don't want to know..."
Inshu Takuhara: ...That’s it. Through me off the ship/plank. Let the sharks eat me.. wait a sec. I though they were extinct?
Future Juushichi: *a dwarf nearby speaks.* Nah, jes the lil' ones.
CheeseBot151: (...What should I be doing right now?)
Future Juushichi: (I dunno. They just got you sooner.)
Future Juushichi: (And you are currently duct-taped to the rigging.)
CheeseBot151: "...HEY NEW GUY!! HAAAAAAAAALLLLLP!!!!!!"
Inshu Takuhara: ...NO, LEMME ALONE!! THEY MIGHT LET ME GO IF I DONT TALK TO YOU!!
CheeseBot151: "UNGRATEFUL BASTARD!! WE'RE BOTH IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF SHIT YOU KNOW!!"
CheeseBot151: "...I KNEW those weird dreams were a sign of something..."
CheeseBot151: "...Did I smoke crack during my amnesiac years or something?"
Inshu Takuhara: ..WELL, ITS NOT EVERY DAY THAT YOU OPEN YOUR DOOR AND YOUR APARTMENT HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH A DAMN OCEAN AND TROLL STANDING RIGHT OUTSIDE!!"
CheeseBot151: "Really? It was a highway and a semi-trailer and a dwarf for me. I woke up later and it was a ship at sea somehow."
Future Juushichi: *from the front of a ship, a tall, excessively muscled guy in a green shirt, with green eyes and some sort of red tattoo across his forehead, steps forwards* What's goin' on?! I can't have all the yellin' disturbin my beauty sleep!
Inshu Takuhara: ..Well, you need it. Your face is really messed up.
Future Juushichi: *the ork lady yells back* you don't need it, Captain!
Inshu Takuhara: You DO need it, man! Your all.. messed up looking! You look like a troll that got its face beaten with an indestructible pipe.
CheeseBot151: "Hey new guy! Quit trying to flatter him! It doesn't work. Trust me."
Future Juushichi: *the tall guy poses rather stupidly, ignoring Shinji* That's what I thought! Who da man?! WHO DA MAN?! SIGMA DA MAN! *he rips his shirt off and does more idiotic poses. the crew applauds this behavior.*
CheeseBot151: "..."
CheeseBot151: (Chris, you're a true freak of nature.)
Future Juushichi: (Yes, Sigma. Crazy Slappin' will abound.)
Inshu Takuhara: ...I hope I'm dreaming.
Inshu Takuhara: AND I HOPE SOMEONE KICKS YOUR ASS YA UGLY BASTARD!!
Future Juushichi: *Sigma* YOU BETTER BE DREAMIN OF SIGMA! LOOK AT THIS BOD!
CheeseBot151: "...Oh dear God no..." *looks away from the ungodly thing*
Future Juushichi: *the dwarf poked Shinji in his leg and whispers* Hey kid, at least he kep' his pants on this time...
Inshu Takuhara: *..and now he felt sick*...WHAT!?!?
Future Juushichi: *somehow while remaining in his string of poses, Sigma points at the dwarf* Smidgie! Set sail for somewhere sexy! SIGMA'S GOTTA SHOW OFF FOR HIS FANS!
Inshu Takuhara: ...*Shinji was throwing up right now.. in a random bucket he had found.* What fans!?
CheeseBot151: "Gah...Gonna barf...Last hope is that I can hit Sigma with it..." *tries to barf at Sigma*
Future Juushichi: *Sigma's too far, but he points at you two* NEW GUYS! Where we goin? Answer correctly and you don't face MAH CRAZY SLAPPIN!
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji ignored him and continued puking in a new bucket.*..I.. *barf.* dunno..
CheeseBot151: ...McDonald's?!
CheeseBot151: MCDONALDS!! MCDONALDS!! I'M SLEEPY AND I NEED A CAFFEINATED COLA!!
CheeseBot151: I MISS MY CANS OF LONG HAUL!!!
CheeseBot151: AND MY BIKE!!
CheeseBot151: AND MY GUNS!!
Future Juushichi: *sigma slaps Shinji on the back of his head, knocking him into the bucket headfirst* EXCELLENT ANSWER, DUCT TAPE BOY!
CheeseBot151: AND MY TV!!
CheeseBot151: YAY!! MCDONALD'S!!!!
Future Juushichi: *Walks to the front of the ship.* MILKSHAKES FOR ALL!
CheeseBot151: ...BUT WHAT ABOUT MY BIKE??!!
Future Juushichi: *everyone ignores you.*
CheeseBot151: I MISS MY BIIIIIIIIKE!!!!
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji pulled his head out of the bucket and got a new one.. full of ice cold water, and poured it all over his head.*
CheeseBot151: I!! NEED!! BIKE!!
CheeseBot151: *starts trying to wriggle out of the duct tape*
Future Juushichi: *You get free. Shinji, the troll sat you down*
Inshu Takuhara: ..I hate my life.
CheeseBot151: ALL RIGHT!! TIME TO KICK SOME ASS!! *still has his Pred IIIs and his gyro jet pistol, as well as his shotgun*
Future Juushichi: (Charlie... Yeah right...)
Inshu Takuhara: (Heheh.. sucker.)
CheeseBot151: MUTINYYYYYYYY!!!!!! *runs at Sigma holding both Pred IIIs*
Inshu Takuhara: *..Attempts to trip Phaeton as he runs by*
CheeseBot151: *tripped* AGH!! BASTARD!!
CheeseBot151: *drops his weapons* NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Inshu Takuhara: HE GOT LOOSE!!!!!
Inshu Takuhara: SOMEONE CATCH HIM!!!!
CheeseBot151: DOUBLE BASTARD!!
Inshu Takuhara: JUST TO BE EVIL!
CheeseBot151: *grabbing Shinji as he fell, he used his shock hands to severely annoy Shinji*
Future Juushichi: *They slide to the edge, and you see an iridescent blue tentacle reach over the side and pull them over**
CheeseBot151: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
CheeseBot151: I'M WARNING YOU PEOPLE!! I KNOW TAI CHI!!
Future Juushichi: *the dwarf walks back to you* ...Yes, taken, by the legendary sea monster... STEVE!
Inshu Takuhara: ...Could someone let me free..? I'm about to throw up..
CheeseBot151: *Phaeton’s shock hands only enhance the need to throw up*
Future Juushichi: (You already were, stupid. You just can't get off the boat.)
Inshu Takuhara: (..Oh. Cancel that, then.)
CheeseBot151: PH33R MY T@1 CI-I1!!!!!!!!
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji shrugged and looked around* Hey.. if I'm part of this crew.. I need a weapon, don't I?
CheeseBot151: ...What do I get, speaking of which?
Future Juushichi: *dwarf* ...Eh?
Inshu Takuhara: We're part of the crew, right? We need a weapon, at least
CheeseBot151: Yeah! Shorty! If we're crew members we need weapons to be successful pirates, right?
Future Juushichi: Oh, that... We just let Green smash things. *he points to the troll, which smiles at you two in a completely retarded way*
CheeseBot151: ...Awww...We don't get to have fun...
CheeseBot151: (Chris, if you bring Dopbodge into this...)
Inshu Takuhara: ...*Then Shinji proceeded to smack his forehead with his palm.* Damn.. At least I still have hand to hand fighting.
CheeseBot151: (Or the odd sprites...)
CheeseBot151: I KNOW TAI CHI!!!
CheeseBot151: And I have shock hands.
Future Juushichi: *the ork woman who was talking about the sharks earlier pats you on the back* Don't worry, you still can. Gotta wait 'til Steve's outta the area, though... Scares 'em all off...
CheeseBot151: Yaaaaaaaaay!!
Future Juushichi: *all male crew members nearby take a step back from her. again*
Inshu Takuhara: *..Takes about 4 steps away from her*
CheeseBot151: *steps away*
Inshu Takuhara: *Shinji was about to do the insane.. talk to Sigma.*...where is Sigma?
Future Juushichi: *Dwarf* Up front, I suppose...
CheeseBot151: "I think that's where he went, yeah..."
Inshu Takuhara: ...Err, person who has shock hands, follow me. *Walks up to the front.*
CheeseBot151: *follows Shinji*
Inshu Takuhara: ..I'm going to get off this ship one way or another.
CheeseBot151: ...Are we there yet?
Inshu Takuhara: ...I think.
Future Juushichi: *you walk forward for a while, until you realize you just walked back to the group you just left.*
CheeseBot151: YAY!! MCDONALDS!!...WHAT THE FRAG??!!
Inshu Takuhara: ..What the?
CheeseBot151: What the hell?!
Future Juushichi: *Dwarf* Eh? What's all the noise?
CheeseBot151: ...What're we doing here again, shorty?
Future Juushichi: Walked around, not ahead, didn't ya?
CheeseBot151: ...Um, we walked forward, I believe. Can we just have a mapsoft or something?
Future Juushichi: Won't help ya.
Inshu Takuhara: ...Damn it.
CheeseBot151: Frag.
Inshu Takuhara: *Walks AHEAD to the front of the ship*
Inshu Takuhara: *..or at least tries to*
CheeseBot151: *follows*
CheeseBot151: *ditto*
Future Juushichi: *once again, you eventually come back to the same place*
CheeseBot151: ...DAMMIT!!
CheeseBot151: Let's trying walking the OTHER direction...
CheeseBot151: *walks toward the opposite end of the ship we've already tried*
Inshu Takuhara: ..Fine. Lead the way, moron.
Inshu Takuhara: *Follows*
Future Juushichi: *You reach the back of the ship. A cow is standing there.*
CheeseBot151: ...Okaaaaaaay...
CheeseBot151: Let's walk toward a SIDE of the ship...
CheeseBot151: Portside!!
CheeseBot151: ...Which way is port again? *scratches head*
Inshu Takuhara: ..*Kicks the cow*
CheeseBot151: COW TIPPING!! *tips the cow overboard*
Future Juushichi: *The cow mumbles* Left, idiot.
CheeseBot151: YAY!! We go to the left side of ship, then?
CheeseBot151: *then!
Inshu Takuhara: .....I guess so.
Future Juushichi: *The cow would kick Phaeton overboard before he did any such thing*
CheeseBot151: *heads that way*
Inshu Takuhara: *Walks towards the left side of the ship*
Future Juushichi: *that takes about three seconds*
Future Juushichi: ( ... "I am Cow" ...)
CheeseBot151: ...Well, we're here...Wherever the left side of the ship is....
CheeseBot151: Is Sigma here?
Inshu Takuhara: ....I dunno
Inshu Takuhara: ..Is he?
Future Juushichi: *the cow yells at you* NO, YOU BLIND IDIOT!
CheeseBot151: ...
CheeseBot151: ...Let's go to STARBOARD then...
Inshu Takuhara: ....I hope someone makes a cheese burger out of you.
CheeseBot151: ...It'd taste terrible, though...
Inshu Takuhara: Most likely.
CheeseBot151: *heads to starboard*
Future Juushichi: *about five seconds later...*
Inshu Takuhara: *..Heads for the starboard.*
Future Juushichi: *well then... The right side of the ship. How exciting*
CheeseBot151: ...Down.
CheeseBot151: Time to go down.
Inshu Takuhara: ..I'll take my chances with the cow.
CheeseBot151: *looks for either a sharp or blunt object to hack a way downwards with.*
Inshu Takuhara: Yell if you find anything
Inshu Takuhara: ..And why don’t you take the stairs?
CheeseBot151: *finds a hammer and starts beating a hole downwards.*
CheeseBot151: *throws out the hammer and takes stairs*
Inshu Takuhara: ..Moron
CheeseBot151: *feels stupid*
CheeseBot151: *still taking stairs*
Future Juushichi: *they just keep going...*
CheeseBot151: *runs down the stairs faster*
Future Juushichi: *you trip and fall for a very long time*
Inshu Takuhara: *..Gets the hammer and slams a hole into the floor of the deck*
CheeseBot151: YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
CheeseBot151: *thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud spam thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud*
Future Juushichi: ...Yes, the RP ended.
Inshu Takuhara: ..And we can remember it..
Inshu Takuhara: By the stupid thud..
Inshu Takuhara: Of Phaeton
CheeseBot151: ALL HAIL THE THUD!!
Phaeton
Just fyi, Future Juuschici was our GM. CheeseBot151 was me, playing my rigger/sam who's A) a gunbunny, and B) obsessed with his bike. Inshu Takuhara was playing his schitzophrenic elven ninja adept. And Sigma is from the Mega Man X games by Capcom.
Diesel
What. The. Fuck.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Diesel)
What. The. Fuck.

Exactly, Diesel. And furthermore, since I want this thread to stay alive so I can see what people's reactions to this insanity are...

...Bump. grinbig.gif
Backgammon
Too long. Not reading.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Too long. Not reading.

frown.gif
Pavlov
Wow. Now this is something I NEVER considered when I made my thread on themes in the Shadowrun universe.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Pavlov)
Wow. Now this is something I NEVER considered when I made my thread on themes in the Shadowrun universe.

Me and Sahandrian have many interesting games. biggrin.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
Fix-it
Read the first....30 or so lines. Not going to continue.

Were you under the influence of illicit substances when this happened?
Phaeton
QUOTE (Fix-it)
Read the first....30 or so lines. Not going to continue.

Were you under the influence of illicit substances when this happened?

No. This is natural. That's the scary part. grinbig.gif
RangerJoe
I used to be a decker and I made a living fine....
I had a little stretch of net out by the dataline.
But times were tough, and though I tried, paydata wasn't there...
so the mafia came and took my deck, and told me fair is fair!

I looked for every kind of work, the answer always no.
Hire you now, they'd always laugh, you live in the shadows!
Deus came and offered me a measly little sum,
but I've got to much pride to end up an otaku bum!

Then I thought, who gives a damn, if all the jobs are gone....
I'm going to be a (cyber) pirate.... on the river Saskatchewan!!!!!

Nice to see another arrogant worms fan on the boards.
Dim Sum
@ RangerJoe

rotfl.gif
Sahandrian
We were going to run a gang game, but no, they wouldn't cooperate. I warned them, I really did. But they didn't listen. So they faced the crazy slappin.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Sahandrian)
We were going to run a gang game, but no, they wouldn't cooperate. I warned them, I really did. But they didn't listen. So they faced the crazy slappin.

It was Ryan's fault, dammit! I wanted to be a ganger, but Ryan wanted to be Miles the Retard! HIS FAULT! mad.gif devil.gif
Baphomet
I still say hallucinogens were involved...

And no offense, but I couldn't read through more than the first half either.

If my GM came up with something like this, he'd have a dent in his forehead that matched exactly one of the corners of my hard-cover rule book...no offense...

Phaeton
QUOTE (Baphomet)
I still say hallucinogens were involved...

And no offense, but I couldn't read through more than the first half either.

If my GM came up with something like this, he'd have a dent in his forehead that matched exactly one of the corners of my hard-cover rule book...no offense...

biggrin.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
Dende
This is no SR game. A game like this is like watching anime...You may as well be playing anime. SR isn't meant to be screwed with like that, Big Eyes Small Mouth is exactly meant for that. If you guys are into tht kind of thing, SR isn't for you, go buy a few BESM books, you will see what I mean.
Even assuming you want a more...real game still based on anime, why not try Exalted, it too has anime roots and allows for a more surreal feel to the game lik eyou seem to want to play it.
Sahandrian
This isn't exactly a normal game for us, you know. This happened because it was 4 AM, I hadn't slept for a day or two, and the players were being stupid.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Dende)
This is no SR game. A game like this is like watching anime...You may as well be playing anime. SR isn't meant to be screwed with like that, Big Eyes Small Mouth is exactly meant for that. If you guys are into tht kind of thing, SR isn't for you, go buy a few BESM books, you will see what I mean.
Even assuming you want a more...real game still based on anime, why not try Exalted, it too has anime roots and allows for a more surreal feel to the game lik eyou seem to want to play it.

Look at Mr. I've been on the board for a week telling people how to play... they want to have fun with the system, that's their perogative...

There's a lot of screwed up goings on in the shadows omae, one man's narrowmindedness shouldn't be pushed on everyone...
Dende
I really don't mean to start a flame or arguement war. I was being constructive instead of an ass about the post like most here.

Firstly, clearly how long I have been on THIS board is indicitive of what I know/can do.
As for my narrowmindedness, well I am more openminded than any boardies I have met.

When I said that isn't a shadowrun game, I am not bashing how they play SR, I merely mentioning that they might want to try a system that is more open to that kind of anime style play, also based on the character names, they seem pretty big into anime, and they may like those better. I like the SR system, that doesn't mean I don't wanna play other games at the same time...in the past month I have been in Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, SR, DND, and may be running BESM, may be playing Exalted soon. I have played Exalted before and many others too, but those are the most recent.

As for people stuck on one system, I think it is pretty obvious who is narrowminded.

Back to the point.
TinkerGnome
Call it a metaplanar quest. Weirdness problem solved.
Siege
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Call it a metaplanar quest. Weirdness problem solved.

Bah -- it's a Matrix-based training sim with full life-support and spiffy sun glasses.

-Siege
TinkerGnome
Or someone wandered into a UV host programmed by an insane AI. Of course, what AI is really "sane"?
Phaeton
QUOTE (Dende)
I really don't mean to start a flame or arguement war. I was being constructive instead of an ass about the post like most here.

Firstly, clearly how long I have been on THIS board is indicitive of what I know/can do.
As for my narrowmindedness, well I am more openminded than any boardies I have met.

When I said that isn't a shadowrun game, I am not bashing how they play SR, I merely mentioning that they might want to try a system that is more open to that kind of anime style play, also based on the character names, they seem pretty big into anime, and they may like those better. I like the SR system, that doesn't mean I don't wanna play other games at the same time...in the past month I have been in Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, SR, DND, and may be running BESM, may be playing Exalted soon. I have played Exalted before and many others too, but those are the most recent.

As for people stuck on one system, I think it is pretty obvious who is narrowminded.

Back to the point.

How the hell is it anime-style? frown.gif Mainly it's just pure WTFified insanity, imo. biggrin.gif
Fortune
I think that he gets that idea from the names involved.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 28 2003, 08:16 PM)
I think that he gets that idea from the names involved.

Ryan's a mild anime freak (as opposed to our Cat Shaman's player, or at least how she used to be), and the lot of us are just insane in general, so...

...But still, Dende. Sheesh. We play however we want to. It's a BLOODY GAME, YA LOONEY.
Sahandrian
Calm, Charlie. Besides, any time I do anything really weird in a game, I tend to call it a dream sequence.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Sahandrian)
Calm, Charlie. Besides, any time I do anything really weird in a game, I tend to call it a dream sequence.

Calm? Calm?! CALM?!? THOU SHALT NOT ATTEMPT TO CALM ME RIGHT NOW FOR YOUR EFFORTS SHALL BE FUTILE AND MANY PIECES OF CANDY WILL CAUSE NUCLEAR MELTDOWNS AND THE CHICKENS WILL REIGN SUPREME AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!! *beats Sahandrian senseless with an Awakened turkey*
Talia Invierno
biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif

We had to read it out loud, of course. We were on the floor within seconds. It had far too many echoes of some of our own wierder moments. (And, for that matter, of most of the past week. Serious lack of sleep was involved there too.)

Thanks, Phaeton, and Sahandrian, and all others involved. That was great biggrin.gif
Salvation122
The three posters involved shall report to Bulldrek immediatly. That is all.
Traks
Yup, too long of story to read. Got first 10-20 lines.

And there is one most important thing missing - where are ninjas? smile.gif))
Sahandrian
Shinji is our only ninja currently. He'll be getting a new sword today. A troll broke his old one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012