Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrysler-Nissan came true?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Homme-qui-rigole
Shadowrun designers were prescient or what? Maybe the first step toward the birth of a megacorps... Everything is here.
Kyoto Kid
...well we already have Seader-Krupp, & they produce a lot more than just coffeemakers. grinbig.gif
Adarael
This has actually been in the works for several years, ever since Renault put in a bid to buy Nissan at the same time Chrysler did. It ended up such that Chrysler wasn't willing to pay the same amount Renault was, so Renault got the company.
Renault sent in Carlos Ghosn as a corporate hitman to cut costs and put Nissan back in the black. Ghosn was a heavy hitter (COO, I believe) of Michelin-Goodrich before he moved to the Renault Group, and is easily one of the top people in a position to make Chrysler feel confident about doing business with Nissan.

What's really interesting about this I'm sure Shadowrun postulates that Chrysler-Nissan within continuity was a result of Nissan buying Chrysler, and not vice-versa... but the real world moves in mysterious ways.
Demonseed Elite
Of course, as of Corporate Enclaves, Chrysler-Nissan is now owned by Sony and used to produce drones. So get moving, Sony!

...well we already have Seader-Krupp, & they produce a lot more than just coffeemakers.

While I was down in NYC roaming around with a camera taking pictures for the NYC write-up research, I came upon a Thyssen-Krupp van parked near Wall Street. I just had to take a photo of it.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Dec 20 2007, 08:35 AM)
Of course, as of Corporate Enclaves, Chrysler-Nissan is now owned by Sony and used to produce drones. So get moving, Sony!

...well we already have Seader-Krupp, & they produce a lot more than just coffeemakers.

While I was down in NYC roaming around with a camera taking pictures for the NYC write-up research, I came upon a Thyssen-Krupp van parked near Wall Street. I just had to take a photo of it.

...I've seen one too, here in Portland once. I wonder where the strike team was. grinbig.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...well we already have Seader-Krupp, & they produce a lot more than just coffeemakers. grinbig.gif

Coffemakers?

Could it be that you're mixing up ThyssenKrupp, Germany's largest steel corporation, and Krups - a totally unrelated kitchen appliance maker?
Kyoto Kid
...I believe they are a subsidiary...
Adarael
Krups is owned by Groupe SEB, a french corporate entity, actually.
I made the same mistake years ago, which is the only reason I know.

Oddly, SEB also owns Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six, etc)
Stahlseele
aaah . . no . . sorry Kid, not this time ^^
Edit: DAMMIT!
martindv
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...I've seen one too, here in Portland once. I wonder where the strike team was. grinbig.gif

Pretending to be escalator repairmen.
Nath
QUOTE (Adarael)
Oddly, SEB also owns Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six, etc)

Are you sure ? As far as I know, the five Guillemot brothers, who founded Ubisoft, still control the company. Electronics Arts is also owning a good chunk. I never heard of SEB involvement.
Adarael
<returns from tracking backwards>

No, actually, I'm wrong. Ignore that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012