Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extended Tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
When performing extended tests for things such as build/repair and programming. Is it possible to have someone else pick up the process where someone else left off?

For instance Bob is modifying a sim module to go 'hot'. The test is Hardware + Logic (10, 1 hour) Extended. Bob works for an hour and gets 3 Hits. But, Bob gets a Krystal craving and has to head out to scrounge up some yummy soysquares of the gods.

Ted knows how backed up the line gets at the automat krystal dispenser that time of night and wants to finish what Bob started. Could he continue the work, using the hits Bob already generated on the Extended Test?
kzt
I'd argue that you can't pick up exactly unless they had been using teamwork all along. Unless he has a written design or a good explanation I'm not sure he could pick it up at all. It's kind of hard to figure out what the plan was from a box of half assembled parts. I'd require some sort of roll, and problem give him the hits he makes if he gets some explanation from Bob as to what he's doing, with bonuses for things like Bob spending time doing a written design before he starts.
Ryu
I´d adjust the threshold depending on the situation, effectivly removing some successes.

Creative work has a large loss of progress, while assembling jobs are often clear-ordered and could (esp. with AR support) progress seamlessly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012