Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun with magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WeaverMount
@Riley37: Don't read this. You find out in good time...

[ Spoiler ]
FrankTrollman
[ Spoiler ]

-Frank
WeaverMount
[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
[ Spoiler ]
Whipstitch
[ Spoiler ]
WeaverMount
I was aware of that, which is why I was interested in what he specifically was implying as the text could be read either way. Thanks for the heads up, though. Always nice to get tid-bits from someone who's been on DS for all but 1 month.

On the other note. The reason the meta-planner communication came up was the character in question thinks he is under extremely good astral surveillance, justifying the extreme counter measures. Do the pros here think it is possible for the mentioned spirits to find each other on there native meta-plane? As a second question is there there an easier way to dodge the surveillance if the conceal power isn't enough?
Fortune
Believe it or not, one of my biggest regrets in life is that I was on tour and unable to access the net when Dumpshock changed forums (and required re-registering), and will forever be stuck a month behind. frown.gif biggrin.gif
Ancient History
[ Spoiler ]

Fortune
[ Spoiler ]
FrankTrollman
[ Spoiler ]

-Frank
Crusher Bob
If the spirit is smart enough, it should be able to make telephone calls though. So your spirit goes to some place across the city, makes a phone call to the guy you wanted to talk to, and can act as a phone relay. So guys tapping your phone won't know about the conversation. Of course, if teh guy you are calling has his phone tapped too, you are out of luck. Of course, if the other guy is a mage, one of his spirits can be waiting at a pay phone somewhere, wait to get the call from your spirit.
Whipstitch
Well, you could always use Task Spirits with Electronic Warfare so they at least know how to check for the tap.
hyzmarca
I'd use Force 12 Great Form Air and Earth spirits, simply for the badassery of risking first 24 and then 72 points of drain in order to get a spirit capable of leveling Seattle without too much effort and wasting its services on a telephone call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012