Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlanta 2070
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
ludomastro
Atlanta 2070 is a private game. Feel free to lurk!

Here is the link to the IC thread.
ludomastro
FYI:

Reservation Confirmations is a Double D subsidiary which in turn is Digger's newest front for his more shadowy activities.
Redjack
Book: Human snake Shaman
Tank: Former UCAS tanker turned driver & face.
Redjack
Forgot to post for the spell. then realized his clothes were changing
Book is casting Fashion (F5) to make Tank's cloths suitable.
[4,6,2,1,6,3,5,4,2,5] = 4 hits
Resist Drain DV2: Buy two hits
Though tank could use a brush through his hair and he's growing a scraggly beard....
Hmmm.... Think there is a spell for that as well....
Redjack
Tank: Charisma(3) + Etiquette(2) + Imp Etiquette(1) + Kinesics(2) [3,2,3,6,3,6,6,3] = 3 hits
Redjack
Book assensing the Johnsons: Intuition(4) + Assensing(1) + Aura Reading(2); Human then ork
Human [1,4,5,5,4,5,6] = 4 hits
Ork [4,3,5,4,5,6,3] = 3 hits
ludomastro
Neither of the two is magically active. The ork has a great deal more cyber than the human and his is a higher grade. They appear relaxed.
Redjack
I'm ok to continue the IC thread. The two will let the Johnsons initiate the conversation.
Redjack
Tank starts with Etiquette to get himself on the good side with the Johnsons, maybe give them a penalty to their negotiation counter:
[1,4,5,6,6,6,4,1] = 4 hits
Then when the time comes, here will be his negotiation roll (hopefully augmented by both etiquette and good role playing wink.gif )
[4,1,6,3,6,4,6] = 3 hits

ludomastro
Charisma + Perception for the Johnson to counter your Etiquette + Charisma
1,1,2,3,4,5,6,6,6 = 4 hits

Work was brutal today. I'll try to stay up for a while to let you post once or twice more.
Redjack
I took the day off from my day job to catch up some personal clients and do some work on my driveway. Actually got a lot done.
ludomastro
Please note that I have included some links in one of my previously "Reserved" posts for information that the J gives you.

3 hits on a Perception Check
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Check. Got it. Great detail! That will give me quite a bit to think about.
Redjack
Tank hitting on the hostess: [6,2,2,4,5,5,6,4] = 4 hits
WOW! I can't believe how well he's done in the last few rolls.

BTW: You can search for the character and see all his rolls at anytime just by searching on his name. I really like Invisible Castle for the way it tracks all that!
Redjack
If I make too many assumptions with interactions or reactions, let me know. I'm trying to feel out the NPC interactions that appear to be 'by the book' type of interactions, like Book and Bolo vs the others so far.

I am having a blast and love the fact that the negotiations are complete in days instead of a month+!!
ludomastro
So far so good. I too am enjoying myself and am glad that things are not taking forever.

smile.gif
Redjack
So to discuss OOC my last IC post, I'm wanting to gauge your thoughts on an ID with a degrading rating (and cheaper cost). So let's say day #1 it is a rating 4, but every two days loses a rating point until it is useless. Paying 4k for an ID that I'll be throwing away days later on a run that pays 5k seems silly. I'd like to keep the 'never go as yourself' Shadowrun mystique but work it in a little more playable... Or is a degradable SIN something an on staff Hacker could easily just whip up for us?
ludomastro
Answered IC.
Redjack
Summon F4 Earth Elemental (Concealment) [5,2,6,6,3,2,6,3,3,1] = 4 hits
Spirit Resists: [4,5,5,2] = 2 hits
Resist DV4 Drain: [3,1,6,5,5,4,5,1,5,5] = 6hits
2 Services; 0 Drain

Bind Elemental: [2,3,[6,1],3,5,2,1,5 ,2,5,2,3] = 4 hits
Spirit Resists: [5,3,1,5,3,5,3,4] = 3 hits
Resist DV6 Drain: [5,4,2,1,5,1,5,2,5,3 ] = 4 hits

Spirit Bound with 2 services; 2 boxes of drain; 1 edge spent.
Rest one hour: [3,3,6,3,5,1,6] = 3 hits
Recover all stun.
Redjack
Dalton resist the urge to drink: [5,4,6,3,3,4] = 2 hits
Whew....
ludomastro
I guess that I am brain dead right now. You rolled five dice for Dalton on his addiction resistance test. Why? I'm good with the outcome; however, I want to make sure that we are on the same page.

Do you need me to post in IC. I have an idea for advancing the timeline; however, I want to know how much you want to advance it.
Redjack
I rolled 6 [Body(2) + Willpower(4)]. I figured to use a little roll playing to augment the role playing of his trying to manage his addiction. If you'd rather I did it different, let me know. wink.gif

The plan is for Book to bind another spirit the next morning, but nothing else of game value besides that. Really need a hacker to start much more. I am trying to put Dalton in social situations where he might have the potential to meet people and start becoming a face. Like the restaurant, I'm trying to start picking up contacts (even if connection rating 1 atm). I figure every so often he'll stumble into one that is a little higher.

In my table-top game, one of my players collects contacts every place he can. Since loyalty 1 is just 'acquaintance', he has a stack of those. He makes an effort to work those contacts and interact with them. Over time sometimes he gets a surprise loyalty bump other times they may ask a favor which gets a loyalty bump. I'm hoping to work out some sort of IC things like that as well. Much like the OOC contacts Dalton gained between sessions.

If you have nothing IC for the rest of the evening, I will post ahead to mid day the next day.
ludomastro
If you didn't need that fast forwarded so much, let me know.
Redjack
The next afternoon

Did you mean 'That afternoon'?
Redjack
Oh wait. The reading just now fully processed.
A bump to the next day is fine. I will post up to the point. wink.gif
Redjack
Summon F4 Spirit of Earth (Concealment) [5,4,1,1,6,5,2,3,2,6 ] = 4 hits
Spirit Resists: [2,4,6,3] = 1 hit
DV2 Drain: Buy hits
3 Services; No Drain

Bind F4 Spirit of Earth (Concealment) [4,3,5,4,6,3,4,1,5,6 ] = 4 hits
Spirit Resists: [4,2,6,4,6,3,6,6] = 4 hits
Spend Edge: [2,5,2,6,5,4] = 3 hits
Resist DV8 Drain: [2,2,2,3,5,3,1,6,6,5 ] = 4 hits
Spirit bound, 5 services; 1 edge spent; 4 boxes of drain.
Redjack
Tank: Data Search(2) + Browse(3)
Searching for information on "The Cube"
[5,6,6,2,4] = 3 hits (3)
[1,2,5,6,3] = 2 hits (5)
[2,1,4,3,6] = 1 hit (6)
[4,6,3,3,6] = 2 hits (cool.gif
[3,3,3,2,6] = 1 hit (9)
9 cumulative hits during extended test.

ludomastro
The Cube better known as the Prismatic Cube is a Digger's club and semi-legit business. It was formerly a trendy bar/nightclub that fell on hard times until Digger scooped it up on the cheap. He has made a good go of it and most people like the place. The shadows like it too.
Redjack
Don't I feel silly.

Fashion F5
[4,6,1,6,1,4,6,6,2,4] = 4 hits
[1,2,6,5,3,3,3,2,5,4] = 3 hits

DV2; Buy off the drain
ludomastro
Knowledge Test (Music or Streets) - 2 hits
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Tank - Music Test: [6,6,2] = 2 hits
Book - Street Test: [2,4,3,6,5,2] = 2 hits
Wow... I didn't expect Tank to succeed on that test. wink.gif (Now he'll fail when he really needs it)

Book assensing the girl's auras
Girl #1: [1,1,2,4,2,1,1] = 0 hits; Critical Glitch.
Girl #2: [2,3,2,3,3,6,6] = 2 hits

ludomastro
Feel free to run with the side-party for as long as you like.
Redjack
I'll post once more to post up and through this scene; I'll just ask a few clarifying questions here.
8 + 2 + 2 = 12 people I assume?
With the addition of Dalton & Eric, is it now an equal distribution of men/women?
Do the girls still remain directly friendly to the two or are they treated more as part of the group?
- Etiquette: Book [3,4,1,3,2,4] = 0 hits
- Etiquette: Dalton [4,3,5,5,4,2,5,3] = 3 hits
ludomastro
Even distribution. The two of you are welcomed into the group but the girls stay interested in you personally. At least in Tank that is. wink.gif

Yep, there are 12 people.
Redjack
What is the name of the girl who gave her number to Tank?
ludomastro
Suzan
Redjack
Book - Analyze Truth F5 [6,5,6,3,5,3,4,5,3,4,5,4] = 6 hits
Resist DV5 Drain: [2,6,1,1,3,6,3,4,4,2] = 2 hits; 3 boxes stun

Etiquette check to blend questions into conversation: [5,6,6,3,3,4] = 3 hits
ludomastro
Feel free for them to head back to the party.

OR

Let me know and I will fast forward.
Redjack
You can play it or simply post through. Tank is looking to hook up and determine what if anything the girl does for a day job, who she is (if anyone other than the obvious)... building his repertoire of contacts.
Book... Well, he's just being Book...

My plans are when the kid gets the IDs created to scout the museum, check out physical and magical security measures.

ludomastro
Suzan - Casita Mia Hostess
Melinda - Elf with odd aura - doesn't reveal much about herself.
Beth - The other elf - works for a local flower shop

I left this one open. Post however you want the night to turn out for both characters and we'll move on to the information you care about - the ork TMs data.
Redjack
I'll use etiquette roles to give me a guide to the evening.
Tank: [1,6,1,5,3,5,6,1] = 4 hits (and just missed a glitch)
Book: [1,2,6,5,6,1] = 3 hits (and just missed a glitch)

Tank (remember her name): [6,6,2,2,4,3,5,5] = 4 hits

Well... Guess it will be a good morning...

BTW: If I take too many creating liberties in interpreting the dice results on the fluff, let me know. wink.gif
ludomastro
So far, I am loving the answers. Keep going and feel free to fill in the gap I left in the IC thread.
Redjack
BTW: Melinda is with Book. wink.gif
ludomastro
embarrassed.gif

Yeah, fixed that.
Redjack
Eric buys glasses with vision enhancement R3 (Legal, Availability 4; 325 nuyen.gif ). Dalton buys contacts with vision enhancement R3 and image link (Legal, Availability 10; 375 nuyen.gif ). I was going with the SR Missions standard that anything legal and availability 12 or less is generally available. If you feel differently, let me know and I'll adjust. wink.gif

Book cast 2x F5 Fashion spells: Rolls
[6,6,3,2,6,6,5,1,5,3] = 6 5 hits
[6,4,5,4,2,1,3,1,2,5] = 3 hits

Assensing the ward: [2,4,4,4,5] = 1 hit
((So much for those great rolls I've had the last few sets.. ))

Using the trying again rules from BBB pg59. Book will wait out a short time, focusing on other things and relaxing. This is my attempt to wait out in order to mitigate the retry penalties.

Assensing: [4,5,1,6,5] = 3 hits

Perception tests for each scrutinizing for physical security measures.
Book: [2,2,5,6,3,4,4,6,6,3,2,5,3,5] = 6 hits
Tank: [6,1,2,2,1,4,1,6,3,5,3,6,6] = 5 hits

(( Can you mark up The Floor Plan with the location of the statue and the outline of the ward(s) as well as any notes about physical security? My email is theshadowrunrm -at- gmail -dot- com ))
Redjack
Eric/Book's Character sheet updated with contacts, equipment and expenses. Most of last run stuff cleaned up.

Dalton/Tank's Character Sheet updated likewise.

I added Digger to Book's sheet. If at anytime you want to disclose loyalty or connection ratings I'll update those as well. Given the definitions of loyalty ratings (BBB pg279), I would not think it would take too much to raise from a L1 to L2 but would appreciate some elaboration on that.
ludomastro
I'm not feeling well. I hope to be able to post by the end of the day but it may be tomorrow.

RE: Floor Plan - that will be my first order of business.
Redjack
I understand. We've been keeping a really good pace. wink.gif
Get well. Talk to you soon!
ludomastro
On availability, we'll assume that legal and < 12 is fine.

I sent you a simple drawing/map via email.

I'm going to put up a simple IC post and get back with this tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012