Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxMahem
Well as is my new fashion, I've again recorded my last session. I think I've got most of the audio bugs worked out. Or at least beat down somewhat, as I've improved the quality a good deal.

This last run when very smoothly actually. I spent most of my time preparing for an assault and bloodbath that never happened. I guess that happens sometimes. Anyways the run went fairly smoothly, but as I didn't plan out some of the optional paths as well (including the one they took), it didn't go as smoothly as I could have hoped at the end. Still pretty good though.

Also on my cruising the net I have also come across the remains of a sight that actually used to be called 'This is Shadowrun.' Huh. Honestly I came up with this on my own, but my apologies to who's ever idea I inadvertently copied.

Anyways, check out This is Shadowrun. Curently I'm limited to about 1 1/2 weeks of audio at a time. So when the next part goes up (later this week) part of last week will have to come down. I hope to remedy this in the future, but for now be aware.

Anyways enjoy and give me some feedback please!
deek
I haven't listened to the new stuff, just part of the first two recordings. Good stuff, and I am sure that new players could get a lot out of listening to it and the veterans might pick up some tips for their own games.

One suggestion...could you break up the audio into smaller parts? I don't know if it would make sense to just break it up randomly or to make more logical chapters, so to speak. I know in most of my games, I could separate things out between, The Meet, The Footwork, Combat and Resolution/Endgame. Granted there are a few more pieces that don't always fit, and this structure isn't used for everything, e.g. Downtime.

But I think it would be beneficial to listen to more focused areas, especially since you are recording entire sessions. I know it would take some more post-production, but I think it would be worth it and get a bigger audience.
MaxMahem
Hmm... a great suggestion! My runs (as you can probably tell from listening) also generally break into similar parts. Like you said 'The Meet', 'Planning/Footwork', and finally 'The 'Throwdown/Resolution'. Of course there are runs that are exceptions. Breaking it into smaller section would also probably make it easier to listen to. I think I'll give your suggestion a try next week, thanks a lot!
MaxMahem
I've put the second half of the session up. Enjoy!
Ranneko
Is there any way to subscribe to this without signing up to podbean? I really don't want to have to sign up for a useless (to me) service.
MaxMahem
It has an RSS feed so you can subscribe to that. Firefox makes it easy, just click on the RSS icon on the address bar and it will bring up box to add it to your bookmarks/toolbar if you like. I'm sure IE has similar functionality but I couldn't tell you what it is. I suppose you could also use whatever other kind of feed accumulator you might like, but I stick to firefox myself.

The sight should be updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily.
Fortune
I'm old, and don't quite understand all this newfangled RSS stuff on the intraweb. frown.gif
MaxMahem
Hmm.... I really can't break it down any more than that. Firefox 2.0 really makes it easy, just click the orange icon on the address bar, and add it to your bookmarks. There you will have a drop down box that will list all the latest updates to the site. IE can probably do something similar, but I don't use it so I couldn't really tell you how.

Glad ya'll are enjoying the sight though!
Fortune
It's cool. Thanks. smile.gif
Ranneko
QUOTE (MaxMahem)
It has an RSS feed so you can subscribe to that. Firefox makes it easy, just click on the RSS icon on the address bar and it will bring up box to add it to your bookmarks/toolbar if you like. I'm sure IE has similar functionality but I couldn't tell you what it is. I suppose you could also use whatever other kind of feed accumulator you might like, but I stick to firefox myself.

The sight should be updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays primarily.

Yeah, I appreciate that is there, but I was more specifically referring to an itunes friendly feed that allows it to be a real podcast.

As in one that is automagically retreived with I press refresh in iTunes and so it will download any new episodes.

Currently if you put the either the RSS or Atom feed in iTunes, it will recognise them as RSS feeds, but not ones containing podcasts.
MaxMahem
Ahh... I've figured out how you can do that, since I know it should be possible. You needed a sidebar widget that I didn't have active (I don't like things to busy) but I've put it up now. Clicking the 'add to iTunes' button should hook you up!

Next episode should be up tommorow, we just finished tonight. Things went... poorly.
Ranneko
Great, it works, now I will start listening! Admittedly from 7th Jan part 2, but that's how things go.
MaxMahem
Well for those of you not on the RSS feeds or itunes, I've put up the latest installment of my groups pod-cast, This is Shadowrun. This first half of the run went very well. I've tried to start splitting it up into smaller segments as suggested, but was not completely successful this time around. I'll do better next time.

Audio quality is good, but there is an annoying hum I was unable to eliminate. If there is any audio experts out their who know how, I'm all ears! Otherwise I have some ideas on how to handle it next time.

Anyways, enjoy!

Oh, and as requested character sheets should be comming up soon as well, as well as past episodes!
MaxMahem
I decided to put up another quick post before this recording becomes irrelevant. Its the 20 questions with fan and group favorite character, Bubba. Also all past episodes should be up now, and Bubba's character sheet is online as well.

As always check out This is Shadowrun

I need a new logo besides my ugly mug, any suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012