Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hybrid Forms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zen Shooter01
Is there a ruling on whether hybrid form insect spirits can walk on walls and ceilings? SM is pretty clear that true forms can, but what about hybrids?
Moon-Hawk
That sounds like something firmly in the realm of GM discretion, to me.
FrankTrollman
Materializing spirits can ignore gravity and move in whatever direction they want whether there is a surface to support them or not. Hybrid spirits can't do that, and have to walk, jump and climb like the creature they inhabited.

Now they are crazy strong and have extra bug parts, so if you want to have them cling to walls and ceilings like Aliens I would say that is awesome. Not fully supported by the rules, but not outside the realm of possibility so I have no problem with it.
Having the foot and hand pads of hybrid fly count as gecko tape for example, is well within the kinds of crazy I expect when I go into a next to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

-Frank
Synner
What Frank said.
knasser

What Frank said. Plus I'm all out of gum.
Cardul
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)

Now they are crazy strong and have extra bug parts, so if you want to have them cling to walls and ceilings like Aliens I would say that is awesome. Not fully supported by the rules, but not outside the realm of possibility so I have no problem with it.

Rules don't say they can't wink.gif Rules don't say much, really. This is one of those areas that some players seem to hate: A place where the GM has discretion, and can go "f the things that are probable and thematic, what is cooler?"
apollo124
QUOTE (knasser)
What Frank said. Plus I'm all out of gum.

Now all we need is Rowdy Roddy Piper! biggrin.gif grinbig.gif rotfl.gif biggrin.gif grinbig.gif rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012