Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floorplans For Buildings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zemiron
I was wondering what some of you fellow GMs do for floor plans of buildings. Do you bother with them or not and if you do, how and where do you find them? I'm looking for a good floor plan for a chemical plant. I did a little searching on Google, but haven't found anything. I was wondering what some of you do. Thanks!
Stahlseele
Mr Johnsons Blackbook had some pretty good ones if i remember correctly . .
our GM's most of the time just basically tell us what it looks like based on our perception/legwork rolls and draw up crude maps that get details as are revealed . . like that camera up above the door you just came through . . or the gun-turret that just popped up and things like that *g*
Kagetenshi
I mostly wing it. I've made up fairly elaborate floorplans before (I used to work as a CAD operator, and still have some (older, but still nice) CAD software on-hand), but I find that for anything not very special, it's just not worth the time.

~J
JonathanC
There are some non-SR supplements you can use for this. WoTC put out a locations book for D20 Modern called Critical Locations, and they also recently released a set of arrangeable map tiles for Star Wars, which can, in a pinch, be applied to any sci fi setting (save for the tile with a big TIE Fighter on it.

IIRC, there were some non-WoTC map books put out for D20 Modern that could be bent to Shadowrun uses. And the Shadowrun Quickplay rules had a nice layout for your average Stuffer Shack.
Siege
"Sprawl Sites" is a classic.

You might also peruse some rental agencies that list floor plans of office space and apartments for rent.

-Siege
Pendaric
I usually draw up the maps i need. Time consuming and tiresome but it gets me what I want. As long as you make sure things tend to the realistic you can get by. Little details like there being men and womans washrooms, fire escapes, air con or windows that open etc
Raij
For my online campaign, I default to rpgmapshare.com for their color maps but their selection is limited, so usually I adapt something from goggle. I learned from the last thread about this you can go to google, click image, and type "corporate floor plans", "residential floor plans" etc.

This is what you get:

Click for Google results

Caine Hazen
Shadowrun: MIssions crew does a few maps for every run, which range from fairly simple, to highly complex. Myself, I have a pretty big collection of map making and CAD/Vector image programs that I use to lay stuff out. I tend to go overboard though with mapping though.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Raij)
I adapt something from goggle. I learned from the last thread about this you can go to google, click image, and type "corporate floor plans", "residential floor plans" etc.

This is the way I go. Works amazingly well. Need a map of a corporate building? Google images. A zoo? Google images. A research lab? An asylum? A nuclear missile base? Google images. smile.gif
Blade
I remember having a hard time to find an offshore platform floorplan that way, though.
Synner667
QUOTE (Siege)
"Sprawl Sites" is a classic.

You might also peruse some rental agencies that list floor plans of office space and apartments for rent.

-Siege

And Sprawl Sites is now available as a PDF - just the thing for amending and printing !!

Also, check out the map collection at the wizardsofthecoast website.
Daddy's Little Ninja
I think they wing it, making it what they need it to be. A lot of the older books like Queen euphoria just have areas marked off as 'machinery.' I do not think we, the runners, need to know what it all is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012