Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you call your sessions?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxMahem
Vocabulary question here, what do you guys call your (for lack of a better term) sessions. You know, when you all sit down together, bust out the dice and play Shadowrun. What do you call that? A run? A session? Mission? Something else? General internet consensus seems to be the term 'session.' But I was wondering if you guys had any other cool or maybe more apt term you might use.
Wounded Ronin
"the game".
Zhan Shi
We call them "sessions", which depending on the length, can encompass more than one "run".
Kagetenshi
"Session", "game," or "liturgy".

~J
Stahlseele
chaotic at best
Daddy's Little Ninja
Depending on how much noise my daughter makes (she will be 1 in March):
'game' 'session' or 'that thing my husband and friends are doing in the other room.'
Pendaric
Game, Shadowrun, session, roleplay.
In no particular order, it's all about context which gets used and by whom.
Isn't English a strange language.
Straight Razor
run
SR
sr run

mostly run though

"hay i'm running Saturday when i get of work. you in?"
Eugene
Either a session or a run. The first more often since it usually takes a few to complete a run.
EvilP
Just Shadowrun really.

"Hey you guys up for some Shadowrun?"
"Shall we get some Shadowrun going?"
Wounded Ronin
It could be "The Terrible Game" if it were by Dan Tyler Moore. (That's the book that inspired the storyline for Gymkata.)
mfb
session? they call it an obsession, but i think it's kinda bitchin'. i think it's kinda neat!
Snow_Fox
Game.
Hocus Pocus
Dork Time

Losers lounge

virgin congregation

clam up and sit quietly and look weird cause we don't know how to talk to women

Fortune
Mostly ancient history! frown.gif
Hocus Pocus
aww forty. I'll play with you wink.gif
Fortune
Even if that were possible, your wife wouldn't let you. biggrin.gif wink.gif
Hocus Pocus
indeed.

but for you, I'd sneak out, tell a little white lie, like say i have to stay late for work or gotta "run some errands" essentially the same things I'd say when I finally find a mistress and sneak out to her. Little different, but the principal is the same wink.gif

kick back with some rolling rocks, cheeze doritos, and some shadowrun background music and we're off! whaddya say?
Fortune
Sounds good, but for some reason I'm thinking that one of us would have a long commute. biggrin.gif
Nostalgic Jester
Just "sessions", tough we are playing so far and between that maybe we should be better calling them "miracles"... biggrin.gif
eidolon
I call them "(game) sessions".
Hocus Pocus
QUOTE (Fortune)
Sounds good, but for some reason I'm thinking that one of us would have a long commute. biggrin.gif

lol. C'mon up man, it's Mardi Gras season in full swing! we'll go to all the parades, drink till we puke, stumble down burbon street and rent a balcony for the last few days of Mardi Gras and have a marathon gaming session while tossing beads to women showing us their....assests?
swirler
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Jan 28 2008, 12:31 AM)
virgin congregation

wow
neither of those really fit
mostly because half of my group are women, and there are some couples in the group and one couples had a baby 5 months ago. We bought him plush dice for Christmas

For SR I usually just say "run" or "runs"
Kanada Ten
Fond memories.
mrslamm0
Dice hucking, roleplaying, shadowrun anything works as long as I get to play and my other half doesnt complain about my obbession with SR lol. biggrin.gif
Hocus Pocus
QUOTE (swirler)
QUOTE (Hocus Pocus @ Jan 28 2008, 12:31 AM)
virgin congregation

wow
neither of those really fit
mostly because half of my group are women, and there are some couples in the group and one couples had a baby 5 months ago. We bought him plush dice for Christmas

For SR I usually just say "run" or "runs"

fantastic

keep hearing about women playing rpg's, s'like UFO's almost. lotta people saying they seen something, but no concreate evidence.

and another thing geeks having sex? almost as fantastic as women playing rpgs. truely is my world topsey turvey?

Telion
guys night
or find something for the gf to do so we have that night off.
Daddy's Little Ninja
You just don't know the right ladies. I started playing to spend time with a guy. Ended up marrying him, having his child etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012