Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ds Forums New Look
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
First I would like to say that there are definitely things that I like. Such as the displays next to people's names showing the number of post's they've put up, and the pictures that people can use as signatures, though I do wonder if all of these pictures are from SR books since all the ones I've seen so far seem to be.
Now for the part that people will hate me for, first let me say that I would have taken my concerns directly to the people that run the board if I could figure out how to, but I can't seem to find a part that says contact us. Also, please, please, please, please don't kick me off this forum, my undergrad training was in analysis of symbolism particularly in literature, but also in pictures. However, when looked at from a freudian perspective (not necessarily the perspective I prefer,) the new logo is indisputably phallic. The down stroke of the P penetrating the center of the O is reminiscent of a penis. Especially since the tip of it looks like a condom. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing or intentional, or even that the logo needs to be changed. I just think that whoever runs the board might not know that the logo could be interpreted in that way, and should be aware of it.
Over all, I like the new look of the forums, and think that the forums are a valuable addition to the SR experience.
Eurotroll
Arrrrrgh. Cannot... unsee...! eek.gif
fool
yeah that's my problem with the logo is that I can't stop seeing it every time I look at it.
Eyeless Blond
Yeah, I kinda liked the old logo too.

Would it be possible to have a "classic" theme that uses the old logo, and the old blue-on-gray color scheme? Blue's always been my favorite color.
Drac
Gah! Penile implants are everywhere here now!

It's all I can see now.

And yep, I too miss the colour Blue on here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012