Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ork Underground
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DocTaotsu
Any of you have some fun place/flavor text for the OU? It's one of my favorite settings in SR and I've conned my players into thinking the same. We're using some text off the net but were trying to update it to 2070.
Cain
The Ork Underground is based on the Seattle Underground, which you can tour to this very day. If you search online for the Seattle Underground, you can get a lot of useful information that way.
Fortune
This website on the Ork Underground might be of some use. It's rather old, but that shouldn't matter much.
Snow_Fox
The original underground was from the RL underground, refugees moving into the areas no one used. then they tunnelld from there so you can pretty much make up anything. almost D&Dish I guess. Just D&D orks with TV's and firepower
DocTaotsu
We're using those old screamsheets for the OU, but they're pretty dated and I'm in the process of advancing their timeline 15 years. I was just curious to see if anyone was running anything they were particularly proud of that I could filche and throw into my game. I lived in Portland awhile ago and I know they had something similar just on a smaller scale. From the material it sounds like those two systems are probably linked up by now.
fool
I'm pretty sure the original text on this was in Seattle source book.
Or maybe the second Seattle source book
or maybe the third?
I love the OU and used it extensively in my campaigns. WHen I was a PC if I was an orc, troll or dwarf, I always had that be where I lived.
The newest Seattle source book, Runners Havens had a pretty good section iirc
Cain
The newest Seattle source book, Runners Havens had a pretty good section iirc
eek.gif

Dude, that section had hardly a thing on the ork underground! All the single page said, for the most part, was that the Underground wasn't an area so much as it was an attitude. Which tells you exactly nothing useful about the place. You could be describing the Ork underground of Parsippany, for all the good that does you.
Velocity219e
2nd Ed Seattle sourcebook had some pretty nice stuff about the OU, Entry points rules of conduct, the way it was run (kinda a mayor elect kinda affair iirc) and loads of bits and bobs that were available down there.

My last major character did a lot of anti humanis stuff in his free time, which I frequently dragged the other players into when I visited known Humanis run businesses and flat out kidnapped ringleaders and either killed them or sold bounty hunter style to various metahuman groups for thrilling plot hooks and adventure angles, some of our other players though I was a bit twisted as I was Human and had no real need or obligation to have such a demented hobby (For a combat decker ^^) still services rendered got me an amazingly secure safehouse in the orc underground. biggrin.gif
DocTaotsu
Ooooo... that's a nice angle. I'll have to use some variation of that.
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (Cain @ Feb 4 2008, 01:14 AM) *
eek.gif

Dude, that section had hardly a thing on the ork underground! All the single page said, for the most part, was that the Underground wasn't an area so much as it was an attitude. Which tells you exactly nothing useful about the place. You could be describing the Ork underground of Parsippany, for all the good that does you.

There's one in Jersey? spin.gif Wasn't there a lay out of part of it in a really old adventure :DNA/DOA?
Snow_Fox
No, that does include a group of Orks living in the ruins in an underground mall but they very clearly say it is not a part of the Ork Underground.
DocTaotsu
So I guess a better question is:
How are all you running the Ork Underground?

My Underground has matured significantly from the OU of 2055. Getting there is easier, Seattle proper has normalized relationships (I've used Brazilian favallaes as a reference point), and being a non orc in the underground is much more common than before (several generations of Runners using this as a hideout has to have done wonders.) All in all the well traveled areas of the OU are actually pretty nice, if underground. On the flipside the deeper tunnels are still filled with nasty creatures and people and there are several very extreme societies that have sprung up out there. That being said, i'm going to start treating the OU as several distinct districts roughly corresponding to the different above ground areas they exist beneath. Getting between them is still hairy and like I said, lot of stuff that goes bump in the night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012