Dumpshock Forums TOS
By posting to the Dumpshock Forums (DSF), you agree to and consent to follow the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of your account.
1. Personal attacks, flaming, trolling, and baiting are prohibited. This includes any form of racism, sexism or religious intolerance.
2. No spamming the forums, and no commercial posts allowed. This includes "bumping" or posting useless content for the purpose of bringing a thread to the top of the forum.
3. No sexually explicit or offensive material. This includes links leading to materials of this nature. DSF is accessed by many people in many different settings, and we want the forum to remain accessible to everyone.
4. Discussion of politics, religion, and sex are prohibited, except as they directly pertain to Shadowrun or another game. Discussions on these subjects will be watched closely, and any innapropriate posts may result in warnings or suspensions.
5. No posts that contain pirated materials, requests for pirated materials, or advocacy of pirating are permitted.
6. No alternate accounts. Users of DSF may post under one account only. If multiple accounts are discovered to belong to one user, the additional accounts will be terminated. Do not share your password with other users. You are responsible for the actions of anyone else using your account.
(Usage constitutes ownership, at least in this case, when the original owner of an account passes on full posting and usage privileges to another person, and said person makes routine use of the account, especially if the original owner ceases to use the account.)
7. Your account must contain a real, working email address. You do not have to display this address publicly if you do not wish to do so (see the board settings).
8. You acknowledge that Dumpshock Forums staff does not pre-screen all content, but that the DSF Administration and Moderators have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, edit, move or remove any content that is publicly available. The DSF Administration reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
9. Please understand that any PMs directed toward moderators or administrators in relation to administrative matters may be viewed by the entire forum staff.
This is both to facilitate the process of making administrative decisions and to aid the staff in assuring that forum administration is handled as fairly and evenly as possible.
10. No posting of Personal Information (names for users, address or contact information, financials, etc) of Users or non-Users without express permission from that person. This includes linking to personal information not explicitly posted by said user.
While not hard and fast "rules", following these guidelines will help keep DSF tidy and flowing smoothly.
- Please do not try to do the job of the forum staff. If you have an issue that you would like to see addressed, PM a moderator and we will take a look at the situation.
This includes such actions as telling people what to post or not post, asking people to leave or stop posting, or telling someone that you are reporting them to forum staff, among other things.
- Post in the correct forum. If you aren't sure where to put something, make your best guess. Usually a post will clearly fit in a particular forum best. If needed, you can always contact a moderator either before or after posting for advice.
- Post clearly. While we know that internet culture is full of shortcuts and abbreviations, please make the effort to ensure that your post is clearly written and makes sense.
- Lastly, the Dumpshock Forums are for discussion of Shadowrun and gaming. The Dumpshock Forums do not have an "off-topic" area, and discussions unrelated to Shadowrun or gaming should be taken elsewhere.