Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Target: <Insert Setting Here>
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DocTaotsu
The game I'm currently running is set in Seattle but the players have been doing a fair amount of globe trotting. Where are your games set?

Past Settings:
Detroit
Denver
Russia (Otherwise known as DepressionRun. I think all our character eventually drank oursleves into a vodka haze before eating our own Pred II's)
Elve
Currently Munich, Germany
But globetrotting will start soon
It trolls!
There already was a thread like this quite a while ago I think but nonetheless:

I'm running a group in the city of Koblenz, Germany. I based it only loosely on the German sourcebooks since I despise much of the older material, especially the part where it says that Koblenz and the whole area around it sunk because....ummm lava caused the Rhine to dam up. In my version the flood was a lot weaker but still ruined large parts of the town. A conglomerate of several cons used that to buy up most of the inner city for cheap and started to build an arcology, though not as big as the Renraku Arc, it contains most of the citylife now while the parts around it have decayed into a Barrens-like state.
In this setting, I have a group of newbie runners hunting Nazis.

Other than that I just started as a player in a Seattle ganger setting. We took the racism part out of the Night Hunters in order to put more emphasis on the Augment part. That along with a severe price cut and availability reduction on obvious cyberlimbs, muscle augmentation, spurs and other classic chrome stuff makes for one chrome laden setting.

Past settings involved:
Seattle
Seattle
Seattle (ugh!)
Greater Frankfurt
DocTaotsu
Is it fairly easy to get SR material in Germany? I never was able to figure out if you guys were getting all sorts of German only content.
Ryu
My campaign is based in the greater Seattle area (Seattle+Salish Side), and will soon become International (centered on the american continent).

The players are Yakuza-affiliated. The first who wants an expensive and rare augmentation will end up going to Chiba. Hope that will be fun for everyone
It trolls!
Well right now, the state of the German licence is kinda in limbo. After FanPro lost it, there were a lot of rumors about which publisher would get the rights but since there seem to be more important concerns pressuring WizKids right now, there apparently haven't been any tangible negotiations over a contract. The latest buzz is that Pegasus has an oral agreement but nothing further.
Right now it can be a bit difficult obtaining sourcebooks as local shops have to import them and with amazon not listing Catalyst products, I either have to resort to buying PDFs or wait a few extra weeks until my local shop gets anything frown.gif
toturi
SR Bangkok. SR Jakarta. SR Singapore.
DocTaotsu
*Dives for Toturi's legs or other fleshy appendage... take that how you will*

SR Singapore! No shit! My players are supposed to be doing ops out there. I've visited Singapore myself (IRL) but if you've run a game there...

Do you still have any of your game materials? If you'd let me I'd love to pump your head for how you ran that game.
DocTaotsu
Argh, that sounds pretty terrible Trolls. Here's hoping they get their act together soon.

I've heard they released a couple of German only source books, what were those about?
Fuchs
Past Settings:

As a GM:
Seattle
Seattle

As a player:
Seattle/Space/Miami/Space (The Miami-part was later revealed to be a VR trip that took 1 year real time)
Jamaica

Current Setting:

As a GM:
Miami
Grinder
Miami

Past settings:
Seattle
Rhine-Ruhr
Redjack
3 current pbp games in Seattle and a table-top game leaving Denver for LA. Also run Missions Games (all based in Denver, of course)
Prime Mover
All 4 editions of game started in Seatle/Denver, but tons of globe trotting and some temporary moves to to other cities in all games including most of our second edition games taking place in Londen and Germany.
toturi
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 6 2008, 11:28 PM) *
*Dives for Toturi's legs or other fleshy appendage... take that how you will*

SR Singapore! No shit! My players are supposed to be doing ops out there. I've visited Singapore myself (IRL) but if you've run a game there...

Do you still have any of your game materials? If you'd let me I'd love to pump your head for how you ran that game.

Mainly I use Singapore as rest and recuperate base for my runners, but ops here then to be more like Tokyo than Seattle or Hong Kong (Runner Havens) or LA(Corp Enclaves) since in Singapore, even mere possession is a hanging offense. And since I live here and am a civil engineer by trade, I have access to maps and floor plans.
Kyoto Kid
...chose Other - Other. Would love to see Portland, particularly with the change in the TT's govorning structure both as a GM and Player. Oh and this time, there is no subway in Portland, only a light rail ma'am.

A very close second would be London & the UK. What finally happened with the Pendragon? What is Lord Marchmomont up to these days? What exactly is going on at Lyonesse? Is the Curry at the India House still the best in the Smoke? grinbig.gif
Magus
Currently basing my players in 2069 London England. The Grand Old Smoke!!
KK gave me the idea. Its all her fault. Blame Her!! I am innocent.
raverbane
Jacksonville, Florida. Mainly in Downtown, at the moment. Which is the dark underbelly of Uptown. hehe
DocTaotsu
Do players get to have many a fun encounter with drunken CAS sailors puking on the sidewalk and roughing up robotic cab drivers?

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm projecting again.

Still the image of a physad boatswains mate stabbing a 12 inch dikoted marlin spike into some runners neck is just too funny for me. Fear the BM, she cools her coffee with spit and stirs it with something she also uses to chip paint.
Elve
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 6 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Argh, that sounds pretty terrible Trolls. Here's hoping they get their act together soon.

I've heard they released a couple of German only source books, what were those about?

For SR4 there were two and two half german Sourcebooks:
  • Strassenmagie (translation of Street Magic with the inclusion of some of teh BBB stuff)
  • Schattenstädte (translation of Runners Havens with a way larger (full blown) Hamburg chapter) (similar to teh upcoming French one with Marseilles)
  • München Noir (new book: detailing Munich + mini campaign surrounding the terrorist Leon Durruti)
  • SOX (new book: detailing the SOX + mini campaign inside)
OneThirtyEight
Seattle, at the moment. Though, i've been thinking about doing a quick campaign set around Ohio/The Midwestern US.
raverbane
QUOTE (raverbane @ Feb 6 2008, 11:06 AM) *
Jacksonville, Florida. Mainly in Downtown, at the moment. Which is the dark underbelly of Uptown. hehe

For those that might be interested in a Floridian's take on the CAS. Here is an abbreviated future history we did for Jacksonville, Florida. Some changes were made from SR canon regarding the CAS / Caribbean League border. I grew up in household that was heavily involved on local business and government. And have seen first hand some of the poker room dealings that go on between business and government in the real world. So, my rather 'jaded' view did creep into the tenor of the history we crafted. For alot of the enviromental feel for Jacksonville, think London from "Split Second"

New York: All shook up by Momma Earth in 2005, NYC got rebuilt by the corps in exchange for certain concessions that left the tycoons effectively running the place.
Closely observing the reconstruction of New York, Jacksonville embarks on a new project. The River City Renaissance begins. To help combat the urban decay and sprawl that was running rampant, the Mayor and City Counsel (with MANY bribes from the JEDC- Jacksonville Economic Development Council) start an urban core redevelopment plan. Major land development corporations start buying up cheap (thanks to eminent domain) land all over the downtown, riverside, Springfield areas. With the legal effects of corporate extraterritoriality trumping any pesky architectural preservation laws, they begin to rebuild the Jacksonville urban core.
Hurricane Debbie hits Jacksonville in late November. The high winds of the hurricane are intensified by a series of Nor’easters that causes the hurricane to stall. Massive windshear decimates most tall structures, leaving huge areas of devastation in the storm's path. The storm is a mixed blessing. The few old holdouts that were fighting the redevelopment plan are either killed fleeing the storm, or their property is crushed and they sell out instead of loose any further monies. The St. Joe Construction Consortium, the corporate oversight of the JEDC and the River City Renaissance committee study the effects of the hurricane and pays for several studies. After reviewing the results that make some changes to the redevelopment projects. The new City Center is built to withstand another windshear disaster buy building low and wide.
Over the next seven years the city center is transformed into a modern urban core.
The River City Renaissance is completed and considered a resounding success. The new Jacksonville is the pentacle of safe, solid architecture and construction. Many of the structures based on an old world euro feel. Ferrosteel framework with stone facings, lots of small inset windows with larger windows made from shatterproof compounds. A spread out ornate ordered grid type structure prevails. Constructed to withstand another windstorm, no building is over five stories tall. No empty space is left untouched. Jacksonville becomes quite the talk amongst other city planners. When most cities were building up as high as they could, Jacksonville had rebuilt the city center low and encompassing. Most building used the first and second floors for retail and light commercial, with the upper three floors for office and residential. To make things feel more outdoorsy, most buildings had elevated sidewalks and gathering areas along the second floor exteriors. Many covered bridges and walkways connected the said buildings. The new City Center Metroplex on the west side of the river extended from the Martin Luther Expressway to the north, Edgewood / Cassat Ave to the West, The Ortega River to the south and the St. Johns River to the east. On the West Bank of the River the southbank Metroplex extended from Merrill Road to the north, running along the shoreline with University Blvd as the west border, and then still hugging the coastline with Atlantic Blvd as the border to the south until Atlantic Blvd merges with Beach. It also encompassed of San Marco, with Phillips Highway as the border to the east, running south to Emerson Street.
In early February Hurricane Mitch, a cat 5, slams into Jacksonville and does a Snoopy Dance on the city for 36 hours before heading inland and dissipating. The low lying areas of the city are devastated. There is flooding everywhere that was ever a wetland. And that was alot of the suburban area ,considering Jacksonville was called Cowford for a reason up until the mid part of the 19th century. The beaches are crushed and in ruins. Mayport survives with moderate damage simply because of the military’s reinforced structures.
As much as the City Center had though they had properly prepared for the worst, they hadn’t. The City Center had turned into a modern Venice and it the water along the River didn’t seem to be receding. Many different plans were considered and the word “levies� was mentioned a few times. The words “New Orleans� and “Katrina� were shouted a lot. The City and the Corps decided to embark on an even bolder venture then the River City Renaissance. So, the Uptown project began. The powers-that-be, using new construction techniques ‘borrowed’ from the Japanese ‘arkology’ companies, the Construction Consortium began the process of building the Elevated City. The idea was to simply build over the flooded City Center. With ten years of materials technology advancement, as well as innovative magical techniques (by 2018 standards), the construction of Uptown begins.
Folks were too busy rebuilding their lives to notice that by the end of the year the city council had been replaced by the Jacksonville Municipal Corporate Council with Knight Errant replacing the much maligned JSO.
The building of the Coastal Corporate Enclave had begun, as well as the Merrill Elevated Expressway as a means of making sure, in case of future flooding, there was access from the City Center to Mayport. The navy begins construction of Hanz Tansler Memorial Barrier. To totally secure the base from future security threats like the civil unrest the followed few days after Mitch.
With much of the wetlands areas having various levels of standing water and efforts to pump out and dredge them met with little to no successes, many of the old subdivisions were completely abandoned. I-95 is rebuilt and converted to a secure elevated roadway, with the remains of the old I-95 running underneath. It quickly becomes a haven for squatters and ad hoc fleemarkets.
Most of the old Southpoint area becomes low rent housing.
The marsh and wetlands areas south of Beach Boulevard, east of 9-A and west of the intercoastal waterway becomes very inhospitable. The wetland flora and fauna becoming almost “aggressive�. University of North Florida and Florida Community College of Jacksonville are abandoned with new campuses being built in the City Center by corporate sponsors.
Several Native American groups move into the old college campi and ‘set up camp’. Their shamans seemingly able to ‘strike a deal’ with the forces at work in the marshlands. The area becomes known simply as The Wetlands.
The South not being the most tolerant of regions didn’t fair well with the introduction of several new races… Jacksonville wasn’t as bad as many parts of the South and had become quite cosmopolitan, by comparison. The River City became an ad hoc safe haven, compared with many rural areas of The South and many metahuman refugees fled to Jacksonville.
Many orcs and trolls end up gathering in the old Gate Parkway area and it becomes known as the Orc Parkway area.
The construction of Uptown is completed. The areas that were the old City Center Metroplex had become Uptown. A series of interconnecting platforms were built over the flooded areas of what was now known as Downtown. Uptown had become a shining example of modern Sixth World living. It was a bustling landscape of Skyscrapers and Arcologies that made Jacksonville the new destination city of The South. The area below Uptown becomes known as Downtown. It quickly becomes filled with the detritus and lowlifes of the city. An area of darkness and twilight filled with vice and cheap, if unsecured, housing for the ‘commoners’ that work in Uptown above.
Much of Jacksonville had been rebuilt to suit the needs and desires of the Corporate Interests. The areas that weren’t the in the secure City Center were apartment and condo blocks built in the old destroyed outlaying areas of town. Water levels had never receded back to the pre-Mitch levels and much of the wetlands areas were left to their own devices. The old regency mall and the area north of it along 9-A becomes the Arlington Mallplex. A nice place for the rabble to spend that hard earned corporate cred.
A year later, to protest what they saw as preferential treatment for northern sprawl zones, these states broke away to form the Confederated American States (CAS).
Everyone expected a second Civil War to break out, but we got lucky. Despite emotions running high on both sides, most military units dealt with their divided loyalties by splitting up and moving to the country of their choice. Interestingly, the coalition made up of the political and corporate interests in southern Florida chose to join the recently formed Caribbean League rather than the CAS. I-4 becomes the southern border of the CAS in Florida. Tampa, St. Petersburg and Daytona join the Caribbean League. During the year of transition, Disney reveals that, over decades of shell company purchases, it now owns over 75% of the real-estate in the metro-Orlando area. Orlando becomes the Free City of Disney.
With the southern part of Florida becoming part of the Caribbean League, this puts Jacksonville in a new light. It had become the southern most major port in the CAS. As well as Mayport, NAS Jax, Camp Blanding becoming the ‘border’ bases for the CAS. This makes Jacksonville attract many new interests, Ares Macrotech being amongst them. Ares buys the former Cecil Field Airbase. After two years of refitting, construction and fortification Cecil Field becomes the Ares Southern Command Space Port.
The Universal Brotherhood opened up in Northside region of Jacksonville.
CAS teams moved against the Universal Brotherhood complex only to find the facilities deserted. Evidence of a battle was found, but not much else was ever discovered.
If Hurricane Mitch was a sucker punch to the City of Jacksonville, Agnes was a kick in the ballz. Hurricane Agnes was also a cat 5, but with a twist. It was also a Manastorm. When Agnes was done, Mitch looked like a bad afternoon rain. Much of the city lay in ruins, AGAIN. There was much rioting and civil unrest, AGAIN. And, of course, the Corps came in to save the day… Or at least try.
As a testament to Corporate Power and ingenuity, Uptown survived intact and shining as ever.
After the winds were gone and the rain had stopped, there were several new issues to deal with. Zombies, water and a new wave of magical mutation, SURGE. There were several outbreaks of Shedim spirit infestations in the city. (Zombie Hordes)
During the massive storm several mana enhanced lighting strikes and near hypersonic wind barrages take out all the intercoastal waterway bridges, except the Wonderwood Expressway going into Mayport. And the Wonderwood Bridge only survived because of Ares Mage Corp spirits protecting it during the storm. As much as the city suffered, the beaches were worse. Over flights showed the Coastal Corporate Enclave had become a holocaust.
The west bank of what was the intercoastal waterway had become the new beach, with the old corporate towers and rubble looking like a bombed out, post holocaust Venice. And there seemed to by some kind of macroscale aquatic lifeforms (Sea Monsters) residing in the areas of the old intercoastal water way.
As a testament of Ares engineering Hanz Tansler Memorial Barrier help keep back the water and the wind from Mayport.
In the days following Agnes, strange stories started to come out of folks living around The Wetlands. Reports of strange magical occurrences still continue to come out of the area. Even the shamans in the area are at a loss to explain them. Rumors of some kinda magical rift deep in the area start to get circulated. Satellite photography of the area cant seem to get any kind of solid pictures of the area. Huge fluctuations in the mana levels and magical background count make astral inspecting dangerous on a good day and suicidal on most others.
After accessing their options and spreadsheets. The corps go through with several measures. They quickly begin with the restoration efforts in the sprawl areas. After Mitch, the buildings had been built with ‘rebuilding’ in mind. The corps ‘recruit’ several engineers from the Proteus Corp and begin the St. Johns Enclosure Plan. Instead of trying to rebuild the beach, the Corps come up with a different idea. Utilizing the techniques used to build Uptown, they now embark on Uptown Phase II. The corporate connect the Northbank and Southbank Uptown sector together by extending the platforms out over the St. Johns River. By 2069, the St. Johns river, from Emerson River Crossing to the south to the Merrill Expressway bridge to the north, is enclosed by the Uptown metroplex.
The beaches are written off and simply left to rot. Squatters and downtrodden folks brave, or desperate, enough to try and make it past the various dangers in the old intercoastal start up outlaw towns in the ruins of the old Coastal Corporate Enclave communities.
nezumi
I wanted to put it in Baltimore/DC, but I made the decision after a character had written a background which made her persona non-grata on the East Coast. I might have to get her to deal with those flaws so I can have my evil way. But next game will be in Baltimore.
MaxHunter
Three groups I Gm alternatively, now the three of them suspended for the holiday season. (I'm starting to get the SR monkey)

Group 1 (nick: the mercenaries)
Past settings:

Boston (1 year)
Seattle (two years)
Now: Performing a "do or die" Run in Nevada; PCC
Next setting: (forceful relocation) Hamburg, AGS.

Group 2 (nick: Ghost in the Shell)
Neotokio

Group 3 (nick: the bikers)
past Settings:
Denver
Seattle
Boston -now doing time in a KE correctional facility-

Cheers,

Max

PS: there is no way to get the Hamburg chapter in a language other than German, is there?
JavaLamp
Got a new campaign I'm starting up soon that I'm setting in Japan, either Kantou or Kansai regions, most likely Kansai with the Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe greater metropolitan... oh forget it, sprawl being the focus.

Past settings.. Seattle Seattle Seattle... with some form of localized action somewhere else thrown in. Last one *was* going to head to England before it up and died.
bibliophile20
Seattle

My next campaign is either going to be in HK, Seattle or L.A.
Ravor
When I play "straight" Shadowrun I play in Seattle, but when I use the Shadowrun rules with my homebrew settings I usually place it in either Denver or a "much, much, much" larger Casper, Wyoming.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (raverbane @ Feb 6 2008, 08:06 AM) *

...been there, I know what you mean...

Most memorable (forgettable?) time was the AKA Grand National Convention sixteeen years ago. Rained all fragging week. We were up past our ankles in water out in the competition fields. Then there was the lightning, Really didn't feel like recreating Ben Franklin's experiment with a dual line sport kite. eek.gif

Magus...hehhehheh, the first of hopefully many converts.

Currently taking a break from GM duties. As a player, unfortunately in Seattle (yawn...been there down that, again, & again, & again...) though one of our group has expressed interest about possibly running in Neo Tokyo or LA.
MYST1C
The very first game of SR I ever played was set in Seattle but latter games were set either in Hamburg or Rhine-Ruhr-Sprawl.
MYST1C
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 6 2008, 04:31 PM) *

Over the years FanPro D indeed released a number of German-only books. Those were:

SR1
  • Deutschland in den Schatten - a detailed look at Germany in 2053. This book was later published in English as "Germany Sourcebook" but was heavily edited and rather rewritten than translated (e.g. the chapters on magic and equipment were left out completely)

SR2
  • Deutschland in den Schatten (re-release with updated rules)
  • Chrom & Dioxin - 2055 update for Germany, country description for Switzerland (not fully compatible with the newer description in SoE)
  • Walzer, Punks & schwarzes ICE - 2057 update for Germany, country description for Austria (not fully compatible with the newer description in SoE)
  • Schlagschatten - three adventures set in Germany
  • Schattenlichter - three adventures set in Germany and Switzerland

SR3
  • Deutschland in den Schatten II - compilation of the previous books (344 pages!) and update to 2062
  • Brennpunkt ADL - 2063 update for Germany plus chapters on police, media, daily life, sports, etc.

SR4
  • München Noir - description for Munich in 2070 plus campaign set there
  • SOX - description for the irradiated SOX Special Administrative Zone plus campaign there

In addition, FanPro has sometimes amended translations of English books with additional chapters or other goodies (like shadowtalk and pictures in the German Man & Machine and Cannon Companion) - to give an incentive for buying the translation instead of the, usually cheaper, English originals.
For example, "Länder der Verheißung" compiled both Tir-books into one volume and added a chapter on the elven AGS state of Pomorya, "Systemausfall" (System Failure) was published as the first SR4 book (concerning layout and rules) instead of the last SR3 and had an additional chapter on Crash 2.0 in Germany and "Schattenstädte" (Runner Havens) has an expanded Hamburg chapter the same size as the Seattle and Hong Kong write-ups.
It trolls!
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 6 2008, 07:59 PM) *
...and "Schattenstädte" (Runner Havens) has an expanded Hamburg chapter the same size as the Seattle and Hong Kong write-ups.

I have to add, while there seems to be a lot of discussion about the quality of the english release, the expanded Hamburg chapter is fun and makes the translation really worth it.
Mercer
Cartagena, Colombia.

Most of my old games bounced back and forth between Atlanta and Seattle, but the very last thing I ran in 3e (not counting my WWIISR was set in Cartagena. Actually, my game has been bouncing around to various sites in the Carib League, the characters didn't wash up in Cartagena until last session.

Usually, I was the GM that would invest in the location Sourcebooks. I never picked up any of the Seattle guides, since my GM already owned that one, but most of the others (London Sourcebook, Target: UCAS, NAGtNA, California Free State, Cyberpirates, Target: Wastelands) I would get. The last real campaign I ran for SR3 was set in Africa, and it was a pretty bleak game, although we had a lot of fun. (The Asamando detour stands out as one of my favorite SR moments of all time.)

I never ran a game in CalFree though, which I regret. Maybe once my players get sick of South America, it'll be time to hit the West Coast.
Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 7 2008, 02:57 AM) *
...chose Other - Other. Would love to see Portland, particularly with the change in the TT's govorning structure both as a GM and Player. Oh and this time, there is no subway in Portland, only a light rail ma'am.

A very close second would be London & the UK. What finally happened with the Pendragon? What is Lord Marchmomont up to these days? What exactly is going on at Lyonesse? Is the Curry at the India House still the best in the Smoke?

You do know that the question was 'Where do you run?', and not "What place would you like to see in print?', don't you? biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...yep.

My past two major campaigns were set in the two locations I specified. Drive Time was set in Portland (mostly Pre TT sourcebook) and the full RiS campaign (the first segment of which has been recently completed) is centered around London.

Just because there is some "wishful thinking" for new material on these two locales (as I would like to continue using them as settings), does not mean my comments are any more inappropriate than say others here who mention of future campaign ideas. It certainly isn't anywhere near as bad a [derail] as what occurred in the 2070 Holidays and Game Type threads.

...pardon if I come off sounding a bit on edge today, been a rough couple days at the slave pit.
grinbig.gif
Wolfgang
The campaign I'm running is SR3, the summer of 2060 (at present) based out of Fresno, California Free State. Most of the plot line has centered around California's central valley with a recent trip to Redding and it's general vicinity. The group has job offers in New Orleans and the Yucatan (related jobs) but they seem a little hesitant to take them...Most of the greater plot elements will likely continue in or around the CFS (Aztlan, the Tir, etc.) regardless.
MaxMahem
My campaign This is Shadowrun, is set in the big rotten apple. New York City. I was happy to see it get some love in coporate enclaves, but I've had to do lots of fleshing out.
knasser

Last group recently dispersed nevermore to return. I'm putting together a new group (have two confirmed players, need two more) and it will be, as previously, Seattle.

Of course the main reason for that is that I never got the Shadows Of Europe book and I'm STILL waiting for the PDF to come out. Rrrrrr. There'll probably be some London runs when I finally get hold of it.

-K.
Kyoto Kid
...I'd check eBay for the dead tree version of SoE. If I had your address, I'd get one here at Powell's in Portland and post it off to you.

Also, for pure fluff and locations, I still find The old London Sourcebook highly useful as well as an entertaining read.
Fortune
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 7 2008, 08:31 AM) *
My past two major campaigns were set in the two locations I specified. Drive Time was set in Portland (mostly Pre TT sourcebook) and the full RiS campaign (the first segment of which has been recently completed) is centered around London.

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't know where your past two (or more) campaigns were set. I was just pointing out that you didn't actually make that clear in your post. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Kyoto Kid
...in light of some of the things I see go on here... ohplease.gif extinguish.gif

... "Why is everybody always picking on me?"

--Charlie Brown: The Coasters

...almost forgot

[/Derail]
Naysayer
I would have voted Seattle (surprise), if it weren't for my combined curiousity and general uselessness, which made me push the "view results" button a little... prematurely. Ahem.

Anyways, my old group's main campaign was mostly based in the Emerald City, with the occasional odd chase through the NAN, an arc set in the CFS and a grand finale in the Transpolar Aleut Nation (not quite SR Antarctica, but at least snow...)
Several one-shots were based in the AGL, and then there was a lowtec-campaign based in... Detroit, I think?
I haven't yet decided where the next game I set up will be based, but I do know that it will at some point lead to all those lovely "minor" players from Runner Havens.
Have I mentioned lately that I am strangely enarmoured with Caracas?
kindalas
Ottawa, but I am still developing the city for my games.
Rajaat99
Seattle, but they do a lot of globe hoping. They're in the AGS right now.
DocTaotsu
So... Hong Kongs seems like the big loser right now. Although it looks as though a few of you might be visiting soon.
Rasumichin
I'm playing in Hong Kong right now.
Fun place, if it wheren't for those goddamn triads.

In previous years, i played and GMed in the AGS mainly, usually in Berlin (the gonzo-improbable anarchist SR1 version, not the retrofitted corporate enclave it became in SR2-3), Hamburg and the Rhine-Ruhr sprawl (home sweet home), occasionally going to places such as Bug City, Tir Na nOg and Tenochtitlan.
Except for official modules like Bottled Demon or Euphoria, i have never played in Seattle, and even those where usually transferred to the AGS.

Places i'd really like to use in future games include space, London and Sekondi/Asamando/western Africa in general, probably also Istanbul, the SOX, underwater arcs in the southeastern pacific and the Marienbad Council.
I also plan on doing a homebrew Cologne setting, but will wait until Unwired has come out, since i plan on heavy use of matrix encounters (especially near the new Horizon arc down at the Mediapark grinbig.gif ).
Dashifen
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 8 2008, 07:03 AM) *
So... Hong Kongs seems like the big loser right now. Although it looks as though a few of you might be visiting soon.

I set my last four months or so in Hong Kong. It worked pretty well. Frankly, though, all the cities I use are pretty much the same, the names and faces are changed to protect the guilty, but it's mostly a name and a world region slapped onto a generic setting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012