Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ai, otaku and technomancer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ling
I am getting ready to make a technomancer, but I am still looking to see what happened to the otaku groups and ai. I have read some information in bbb. What I am looking for is information on are there groups of technomancers forming, and are there any ai like the deep resonance having a following of technomancers like the otaku were? Any help would be appreciated.
grinbig.gif
Nightwalker450
Yet to be decided... Though just from Emergence there are probably a very few Technomancer Support Groups. And there are hints to "Free Sprites" beyond the new (though much weaker) AI's. Either way, we're waiting for Unwired.
Dashifen
You probably should talk to your GM and see if it's okay for you to read Emergence. That's a whole book dedicated to Technomancers and AIs.

As for Technomancer groups, there's nothing in the books about them yet. Expect it to be in Unwired, though, along with other Echos and probably group discounts for Submersion. There's good precedence for Technomancer groups to connect themselves to AIs (and vice versa) but beyond the plot information in Emergence, there's nothing about it in the canon ... yet.

'Course, that doesn't mean you couldn't add these concepts into your game. Just clear it with the GM first biggrin.gif
Nightwalker450
I just want to share my Technomancer's.. Experience from my last session. I don't know if my GM has read Emergence yet or not, but I did loan him my copy (which I've read most of it except run details). Either way it's pretty evil. Consider this Kitsune's plea for help into the resonance realms....

QUOTE (Kitsune - Resonance Chats)
First the setup, our initial run was a dataswipe from a biology college, in the same wifi-blocked secure room, was a set of a dozen servers all connected to one another that I was getting some bad resonance feed from. Since there were too many to pack up and take with us, I investigated. Dark, claustrophobic inflicting, terror inducing reality inside the system, but cannot see anything... Then I experience something that should only come from spending prison time with Bubba the Love Troll... Then the system is empty like a vacant warehouse. Once I pull out of VR I'm laying in a pool of my own blood and on the verge of passing out from it (none of this was felt till after jacking out.) My Mentor Sprite, and numerous other sprites I compiled just to analyze myself could find nothing, other than I seemed more "complex".

Well our last session was in a dead zone, and I was already on edge, but we find a node outside the compound we're heading to. When I go to investigate the node, the black shadow entity rips out of me and tears the node to pieces, and vanishes again. Yep, more on edge, but my drones are reporting turrets on the compound.. And the team (unaware of anything Technomancer or AI, that I have experienced) or course won't let me ignore it, I have to check it out. Just an empty turret, easily hacked into all connections are broken to it, and even the pilot program is no longer operational. And my shadow entity is just wandering around in it, felt but not seen. It smacks me down and I feel a door slam shut. I can't jack out, I can't even access my drones, or my own body. Luckily I'd set backdoors on our mage healers commlink, logging on to it I tell him something is wrong I'm stuck. He's quite confused considering my body has set up and is trying to convince the team to leave.

They convince me (it?) to continue on with the mission run the drones, etc... They think I'm suffering from some sort of toxic poisoning or a bad btl trip. So my body and the healer stay back while the rest continue to the compound. When they're about halfway there I finally manage to hack back into my own skull. I gasp and start telling them we need to go, and commence shutting down the drones. The mage gives me a sedative (or something) to help me calm down, and I succeed to leaving 1 drone in the air, but only 1. Everything continues without incident... well incidents with the entity.

Since then I have threaded an analyze program to shame all others, it only hurt a little in the process luckily, and with a little luck I have found the entity. It resides in me evidently asleep, and when I brought my Mentor Sprite to here as well he has explored it and decided as long as the hum of the matrix is near it will continue to sleep. As a short fix, I might be able to fool it when in dead zones or jammed into thinking the matrix is there, but it would only be a temporary fix. I've tried to communicate with it, but it will not acknowledge me, to which my mentor claims I'm simply too small for it to register any notice of my presence (an ant to an elephant).

If there are any that have seen or heard of similar (beings?) please help me. The sprites think I'm too restrained by my body as it is, that being free would be for the best, but I'm quite fine with my body and have no wish to loose it.

Kitsune
Jack Kain
QUOTE (Nightwalker450 @ Feb 12 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Yet to be decided... Though just from Emergence there are probably a very few Technomancer Support Groups. And there are hints to "Free Sprites" beyond the new (though much weaker) AI's. Either way, we're waiting for Unwired.

There are Free Sprites in not just hints. Ok I've only seen of ONE free sprite and that was on the free missions available for download.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012