Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iron DM's
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lord Ben
Here are your ingredients to make into a delicious tasty mission.

1. A Musician/Singer or group of them (orchestra, goblin punk rock, elven bluegrass, etc)
2. The Triad
3. Dunkelzahn Institute of Magical Research
4. Hand Lotion

Winner will be judged on original use of ingredients (10), how fun I think it would be to run (10), and how well put together the idea is (5).
Lionhearted
Out of curiosity, what would an elven bluegrass band look like?
Im imaging something like a mix of backstreet boys and ZZ top, with pointy ears
Lord Ben
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Feb 13 2008, 12:16 AM) *

Mine was 6'6 and a skinny redneck in overalls. With pointy elf ears over his trucker hat. And he loved bluegrass music. He lived in his Bison and mostly slept in a variety of bar or strip club parking lots. Skilled in gunsmithing and various engine repairs.
DocTaotsu
I think you'd get better responses if you just post one ingredient (central theme) wink.gif but several challenges (Theme at... an amusement park! Theme at... Arcology!). Half the fun of Iron chef is to see how they make a dessert that incorporates pigs feet.

And I like the idea of elven bluegrass.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 13 2008, 12:39 AM) *
I think you'd get better responses if you just post one ingredient (central theme) wink.gif but several challenges (Theme at... an amusement park! Theme at... Arcology!). Half the fun of Iron chef is to see how they make a dessert that incorporates pigs feet.

And I like the idea of elven bluegrass.

I did it a year or so ago this way. It worked okay, got some really neat adventures out of it. One ingredient gave too varied responses, the trick is to make them work together without it seeming contrived.
DocTaotsu
Well in that case, I think you should add the modifiers that the writing GM must develop a scenario in which the lives of players are threatened in some fashion by the previously mentioned Hand Lotion.

of doom.
Kyoto Kid
...wheee it's back!

....hmm, Troll Opera...the wheels are already turning. spin.gif
Daddy's Little Ninja
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Feb 12 2008, 11:16 PM) *

Dwarven Blue Grass bands- look like Emmitt Otter's jug band.
paws2sky
Is there a deadline for submissions?
Feshy
I may have more than one entry, but here's the first thing off the top of my head.

[ Spoiler ]
D Minor
Elven bluegrass sound like this.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Feb 13 2008, 11:00 AM) *
Is there a deadline for submissions?

Nothing set in stone.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (Feshy @ Feb 13 2008, 02:01 PM) *
I may have more than one entry, but here's the first thing off the top of my head.

Very nice! I can picture it in my head already.
Feshy
Here's idea #2 to leak out of my head:

[ Spoiler ]
Feshy
Idea #3 came to me during my romantic Valentine's day dinner. My poor wife; so much for romance. This one is much shorter and more straightforward than the previous two. It's probably about as simple as a "run by Feshy" gets.

[ Spoiler ]
kindalas
I threw this togeather in around 40 min, so thatwould be about right for Iron GMs.

[ Spoiler ]

I hope it is at least somewhat useful.
paws2sky
Here's my entry. Cooked it up in about 2 hours.

[ Spoiler ]

Thoughts?
kindalas
When is the contest deadline?
Lord Ben
I can end it now.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (Feshy @ Feb 13 2008, 02:01 PM) *

[ Spoiler ]

Fun - 8/10 I think the group I play with would like the quirkiness of it quite a bit.
Use of Ingredients - 6/10
Well put together - 3/10 lots of good ideas for doing the run itself, but not fully fleshed out.

17/25

Lord Ben
QUOTE (kindalas @ Feb 15 2008, 02:17 AM) *
I threw this togeather in around 40 min, so thatwould be about right for Iron GMs.

[ Spoiler ]

I hope it is at least somewhat useful.

Fun to play 7/10 - Nice easy mission with clear goals to plan for, bit heavy on the infiltrating which isn't suited to everyone (Hey, I'm not a fair judge)
Orginal use 7/10 - The triad seems a bit tossed in, but the rest all make sense for why they're there.
Put together 3/5 - Well put together and easy enough to run.
Lord Ben
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Feb 15 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Here's my entry. Cooked it up in about 2 hours.

[ Spoiler ]

Thoughts?

Fun to play 9/10 - Drug addicted musician out for revenge and a built in gun battle with VTOL's is up my ally.
Original use 7/10 - I like the hand lotion use and the washed up singer with the triad backer. Nice.
Put together 3/5 - Easy enough to run, flows well.

19/25 - WINNER
paws2sky
Thanks! Glad you liked it. biggrin.gif

Edit to add:

This is a great mental exercise. I'd love to see more challenges like this.
Feshy
No scores for my other two entries?

I was also a big fan of Paws2Sky's entry. The whole thing made a bit more sense than my (usually off-the-wall) runs. Plus, the bad guy is a lawyer, can't go wrong there wink.gif
Lord Ben
Yeah, I just scored your best one.

I can do another soon if people want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012