Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magical security costs?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lord Ben
I thought I read something once that gave the costs involved to have mages watch your person, quicken spells on you, etc. Am I making this up? I can't find it anymore...
Dashifen
The Common Costs sidebar on page 304 of SR4 lists Bodyguard Services as 200 nuyen per day. I'd say if that bodyguard were a mage, the price would go up, but that might be a baseline for you.
stevebugge
As far as securing a facility, magical security is probably fairly expensive so most corps probably skimp on it a bit, why ward an entire building when only a few areas really need to be. Only critical facilities are likely to get a lot of magical security and a full time security mage.
Lord Ben
Well, what I'm wondering about is a rough cost to hire a mage to permenantly place a few wards or to maintain them. I thought I remembered a rough nuyen for karma scale during spells...
DTFarstar
I vaguely remember something about mages making 200 nuyen.gif an hour(or rating x 200 nuyen.gif) warding buildings. As for actually making the ward permanent, well, I doubt most corps would do that, because one reason you want the ward is so the creator can warn you when someone breaks through. With a temp ward, then if something happens to the mage, you can get another person to ward you easily, but if it is permanent, I don't think it would fall with the creators death, and as such well... becomes a barrier, but not a warning system. Then you have to get the whole damn thing taken down before you can get a new one. Anyway, I think 5k nuyen.gif per point of karma to make a ward permanent if probably a pretty good baseline.

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012