Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disorientation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
djinni
the technomancer player wakes up from dumpshock after a very hectic hotsimmed VR hack. after glitching his attempt to not be traced, and has one box of physical track left, and 3 boxes of his stun track left (total of -6 dicepool modifier) in addition to dumpshock disorientation (total of -8 dicepool modifier)
If you are dumpshocked, you will also suffer disorientation in addition to the damage. For (10 – Willpower) minutes you will suffer a –2 dice pool modifier on all actions.

what would the effects of the disorientation be aside from the further -2?
would he not know where he is? like waking up from a bad dream.
would he just sit there for four minutes (10-willpower) to regain himself?

how would you as GM dictate the disorientation effects from dumpshock?
stevebugge
I think it's a GM call for game flavor more than anything else, the -2 is the mechanical effect the rest is why the -2 applies. Maybe the hacker is seeing stars, has equilibrium problems, blurry vision ("this is definitely an improvement, now everything is a big bright blur instead of a big dark blur"), buzzing or ringin in his ears, tunnel vision, or just difficulty distinguishing real senses from simsense until it wears off. I'd base it off whatever the hacker was doing when he got dumped.
djinni
I'm of the thought that in this particular scenario since he was being traced and glitched just before. he logged out amid multiple black IC attacks from "all sides." and he's almost dead that in this set up he's just unable to have a thought.
he wakes up and looks at things and can't create a pattern to the random world he sees. he just can't make the leap that he's in his van... and in 4 minutes he'll put it all together, snap out of it, etc...
stevebugge
If you've ever had the experience of drinking a lot of alcohol at night, than having only a short time to sleep it off, then having to wake up and function still partially drunk. I think that's how I'd describe how your hacker might be feeling after that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012