Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DV of Bows
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Grinder
Did bows get a different DV in ARSE or did it stay the same as in the BBB?
Tobias
I don't have my book with me as i'm at work but.. They added different arrow heads, I think the list is Barbed, Explosive, Hammerhead, Incidinary, screamer and stick and shock. Plus they added a collapsible bow in there. Which is Rating +1 P

Please feel free to correct if people have book avalible
Ryu
Verified. Damage code stayed the same, collapsible bow is added but has one DV less than the normal bow (also verified).
hobgoblin
i wonder if one can fit that bow in a cyberarm mount of some sort silly.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 19 2008, 07:01 AM) *
i wonder if one can fit that bow in a cyberarm mount of some sort silly.gif

There is a pistol crossbow in Arsenal, IIRC. I'd probably let that be a cyberarm mod, but it might take a complex action or something to get it properly deployed, set up, and ready to fire.
Ryu
One could use the AquaDyne Harpoon Gun, CO2-driven projectiles would mean no significant setup time involved. Or was the aim to have the arms of the bow extend from the hand? That would make the connection of the two arms very challenging, as it needs to withstand force AND places two more joints in/close to the hand.
Stahlseele
yeah, the arms of the bow coming up from above and below the actual CYBER-Arm . . only Problem would be sineous or whatever that piece of sillystring is called <.< . . *imagines female troll samurai with burning arrow-head on her fingertip going FLAME SNIPER*
Kyoto Kid
...hey, Hammerheads are free according to the both tables in the book. I'll take a a ten gross please... grinbig.gif

Seriously, The pistol crossbow would be nice if you could use S&S heads on the bolts. Injection bolts loaded with something like Narcojet are waaaaay too expensive (80 nuyen.gif each). That's 1/3 the cost of the bow.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 19 2008, 10:00 AM) *
yeah, the arms of the bow coming up from above and below the actual CYBER-Arm . . only Problem would be sineous or whatever that piece of sillystring is called <.< . . *imagines female troll samurai with burning arrow-head on her fingertip going FLAME SNIPER*

Nope too ugly for Sailor Mars. grinbig.gif ... What? Why is everybody looking at me funny? Sure I'm an anime nut, but that doesn't mean that you have to look at me funny... Stop it... it's getting creepy now... grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
i've allways been more a fan of saturn myself . . the only good thing about mars was her fire . . i love me some temper in a woman ^^
Chemtech has allways been expansive . . . else Gamma-Scopolamine would be the only thing being used *g*
Fortune
Sailor Mercury for the win! biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
how'd i guess that you would be one going for the brains you old zombie? *g*
just a thought . . instead of making the heads alter the DV of bows, why not have them alter AP instead?
screamer +/- 0 as it does not really do anything aside from making that annoying sound . .
ex heads ap-2 to show armor degradation or the fact that it's a freaking explosion hitting you inside of your armor . .
cutter heads or whatever those bleeders(not women) are called could be -1 ap because they are kinda razor blades O.o
thumper allready has the +2 AP because they are thick headed . .
injection . . hmm, maybe a -1 to shof that the needle part needs to pierce through . . or a +1 to show that said needle can break *g*
hobgoblin
the mental image that triggered my post was pretty much that of a troll with a cyberarm deploying the bow into his grip, putting a arrow to the string and then shooting down the t-bird coming in for a attack run.

and when he then packs it all away, no-one would have a clue what just happened...
Ryu
With a troll it might work better - more space. Consider a japanese straight bow, that could conveivably be made into something that telescopes. Only hide the tube-like bow in your arm, deploy it by taking it out and connecting it to your hand.
Ed_209a
A slingshot is (Str/2) + X, but a bow is still (Str) + X...

Rolls eyes...

Shrike30
I don't see the issue.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Feb 20 2008, 09:25 AM) *
I don't see the issue.

Seconded, typically you can get a lot more elastic energy out a bow than a slingshot. Additionaly the stabilized flight of an arrow would allow armor penetration while the tumbling of a sling stone in flight precludes using a point for armor penetration.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 19 2008, 04:26 PM) *
Chemtech has always been expensive . . . else Gamma-Scopolamine would be the only thing being used *g*

..used to love using Gamma-S in the old Super Squirt II (3rd ed). Knocks em out & softens em up for interrogation.

Unfortunately availability went up in 4th and worse, the SuperSquirt now requires Exotic Weapons instead of Pistols skill. Cripes its a bleedin squrit gun, what young lad hasn't used a squirt gun before? You mean to tell me that all six year olds have Exotic Weapons skill - Squirt Guns?

...ahhhh apologies...stuff like that riles the John Cleese in me.

[/derail]
Stahlseele
in SR3 i myself frequently use darts with Gamma Scopolamine in them and can thus use a smartlinked or laser sighted dart pistol for pistols skill or the dart rifle *g*
Else i just go sneakitty snikt and push the arrows right into their neck or something like that *g*
(now imagine a 3m something troll sneaking up behind a human guard and just pushing the dart through the clothing/armor on his neck by sheer brute force strength *g*)
hobgoblin
how can something that large be that stealthy?! eek.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 22 2008, 03:32 AM) *
how can something that large be that stealthy?! eek.gif

By moving very slowly and thinking: "I'm a big black hole. No one can see me. I'm a big black hole... " grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
*shrugs* i rolled really really well . . when i started playing i adamantly refused getting any stealth skills for exactly that reason . . because i thought it was kindy silly to have a good roll and your 3m troll can sneak up behind the little man without him noticing the moving quake behind him . . but i came around some time after my buddies had been nagging me about that and then i DID roll really well and they could do nothing as i got to point out that that was the thing i had said the whole time ^^
Aside from that? Ruthenium Polymere suit with some image scanners and/or magical help . . i mostly went with the suit though *g*
jago668
Or get a fizzy pop vending machine shell to wear. Just remember to bring a few cans along to dispense just in case.
Kronk2
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 19 2008, 08:20 PM) *
Nope too ugly for Sailor Mars. grinbig.gif ... What? Why is everybody looking at me funny? Sure I'm an anime nut, but that doesn't mean that you have to look at me funny... Stop it... it's getting creepy now... grinbig.gif

Was actually thinking more Slayers. but yah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012