Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternative Paracritter... FROM HELL
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KCKitsune
Good God, I can almost see that thing eating infants. frown.gif Shotguns just started looking a whole LOT better! smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...no, a PJSS with EXEX.
Ravor
DocTaotsu, you've brought a smile to my face as I now know what has led to the mass fleeing of the sprawl's Devil Rats. cyber.gif
hyzmarca
I once saw a guro drawing of a child sitting in a giant frog's mouth and staring out despondently as it closed around her. To this day it is the most disturbing image I have ever seen, despite the total lack of gore. It haunts me in a way that the Blender Baby couldn't possibly come close to.

DocTaotsu
Hehe... Ravor you just gave me a plot idea:
"What's eating the devil rats?"

It's one of those questions that can only come up in SR and like many SR questions leads players to ask the all important question:
"Do we really want to know?"

Fuchs
The thing doesn't really look impressive. Size like a cat, and not even a big one. It wouldn't make me get my .357 if I saw one.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Feb 20 2008, 03:32 AM) *
The thing doesn't really look impressive. Size like a cat, and not even a big one. It wouldn't make me get my .357 if I saw one.

Except if you had an infant in the house and it was looking at him/her... then it would be shootin' time!
Fuchs
Not even then. It would be kicking and hitting time.
Ryu
Can a frog of that size still jump? The image of a bowling-ball sized frog leaping through your garden towards the house would very likely end in the thing being shot. And contrary to our times, in SR times everyone should be armed.
Fuchs
I'd not shoot it, since I'd not want to risk missing, and hitting someone nearby. And I don't have a shotgun I could load up with shot that would minimise such a risk (and the thing's got some armor). So, probably baseball bat time (unless the things were as dumb as to sit still while I aim with my revolver).

But unless those are poisonous I think Dogs would deal with them anyway.
DocTaotsu
I have a very vivid image of waking up to find my room filled with these creatures, all staring at me, all dead silent.

Until they finally strike.

Thankfully I don't have the power of regeneration so I can only be eaten once.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Feb 20 2008, 09:49 AM) *
Not even then. It would be kicking and hitting time.

Not if it had corosive secretions.
And especially not if it had engulf and the froggy version of paralyzing howl.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Feb 20 2008, 01:34 PM) *
Not if it had corosive secretions.
And especially not if it had engulf and the froggy version of paralyzing howl.

We're talking historical frog, not parafrog. And even if it had corrosive secretions - if it was near kids, I'd still hit and kick it, and would not try to shoot it with my revolver, too much of a risk to hit the kids.
DocTaotsu
I hadn't even thought about poisons or magical abilities.

I got hung up on the entry about "armor" and "teeth"

Frogs should be neither armored nor teethy.

It's just unnatural.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Feb 20 2008, 01:36 PM) *
We're talking historical frog, not parafrog.

I didn't.
Hence the thread title and stuff.

But besides that, you're right, of course.
Juggy#3
How heavily armored WERE these things, I wonder?

If it was thick enough, kicking it might not hurt the thing. It might go flying a little ways, but not have any lasting damage.
Ryu
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Feb 20 2008, 01:30 PM) *
I'd not shoot it, since I'd not want to risk missing, and hitting someone nearby. And I don't have a shotgun I could load up with shot that would minimise such a risk (and the thing's got some armor). So, probably baseball bat time (unless the things were as dumb as to sit still while I aim with my revolver).

But unless those are poisonous I think Dogs would deal with them anyway.

QUOTE (Fuchs @ Feb 20 2008, 01:36 PM) *
We're talking historical frog, not parafrog. And even if it had corrosive secretions - if it was near kids, I'd still hit and kick it, and would not try to shoot it with my revolver, too much of a risk to hit the kids.

Yay, first multipost! You don´t seem to be much fun today Fuchs! Of course we are talking a parafrog, why stay mundane? And of course we talk shooting it while it jumps arround in the garden! You are not supposed to ever miss, and who would let that fun occasion pass without doing anything? I´m actually seeing a horde of the beasts invading a samurais backyard, the samurai trying to nail them all with a single-shot revolver, because he knows they would eat his cat.
Prime Mover
Mmmmm Froglegs! "Go get my harpoon gun!"
Fix-it
give it spellcasting and it can be THE HYPNOTOAD.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
samuelbeckett
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Rasumichin
Even better, make just one of them the Hypnotoad, put them together with a dozen or so non-hypno paratoads (of course, they all look the same so it's nearly impossible to find out which one to shoot first) and let the fun begin.
Kyoto Kid
...that is when you break out your ArmTech MPGL with the dual charage HE and White Phosphorous grenades. grinbig.gif
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ Feb 20 2008, 08:25 PM) *
...that is when you break out your ArmTech MPGL with the dual charage HE and White Phosphorous grenades. grinbig.gif

Man, i have to get the picture of a hypnotoad-controlled parafrog picking a dual charge grenade out of the air with his tongue out of my head...the image of flaming bits of giant frog flying around everywhere will haunt me in my dreams.
stevebugge
If the frog has jaw strength proprtional to a bullfrog as described, that would make me a bit nervous about putting my foot anywhere near its mouth. It may finally be a good use for a cricket bat though, or a hockey stick.

Give it a couple critter powers (Say Hardened Armor, Corrosive Secretions, and Venom) make it dual natured, and it could be a real menace
Particle_Beam
Everybody loves Hypno-Toad!!

*obey*
Siege
Which is what seriously made Call of Cthulhu so much fun - guess the icky!

-Siege
DocTaotsu
And the winner is...
Hypnoooo toaaaaad.

I rather fancy the idea of players running these bastards down in their souped up step van.

Seriously, if you hit them at just the right angle they make a distinctive pop that can be heard from 4 blocks away.

*Guiltlessly thieved from a very tongue in cheek documentary on cane toads in Australia*
Particle_Beam
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Feb 20 2008, 10:48 PM) *
And the winner is...
Hypnoooo toaaaaad.

All glory to the Hypno Toad!!
*clasp*
*clasp*
*clasp*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012