Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ready Made Plot Hook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
I whipped up THIS little graphic today for a campaign I'm hopping to run in the not so distant future. I thought I'd share.

The basic idea is that the runners are hired to investigate some corp that is marketing an experimental vaccine against goblinization. It should be obvious from the racist overtones who's ultimately behind it, but I'll let you fill in the blanks. You can also decide if the drug does or doesn't work, depending on your campaign. The catch is the drug causes adverse reactions in the mother or horrible birth defects (if given prenatally) and any number of other adverse effects in the child (postnatal).

Have fun. devil.gif

[edit for clarity x 3]
Ravor
I like it, although I think I'll tone down the side-effects for my campaign.
Method
Ravor: In some ways thats more evil...
Ravor
I know. cyber.gif vegm.gif
apollo124
QUOTE (Method @ Feb 19 2008, 11:53 PM) *
. The catch is the drug doesn't work, but it does cause horrible birth defects (if given prenatally) and any number of other adverse reactions in the mother or child (postnatal).

Have fun. devil.gif

[edit for clarity]

Neat idea and cool graphic, just one question. Adverse reactions in the mother or child (postnatal)? Give the child the meds and the mother feels the side effects?

Step on a crack, break your momma's back.
ArkonC
Actually, I think the opportunity for decent fuckedupness is much bigger if it actually works (with maybe a few side effects)...
Method
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Feb 19 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Step on a crack, break your momma's back.

Sorry that wasn't very clear... One more edit...

Kyrn
Read the SR novel Changeling. It deals with a "cure" for UGE. Also the only book I can think of where the POV character's a troll.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012