Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quickening
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sphynx
If you Quicken a spell, do you have to go through the same rules on dispelling it that anyone else would have to do? Don't think I could drop 12-karma Quickened spell even if I wanted to with my Magic Attribute being a whopping 7 otherwise. Not that I object to being stuck with my own spells, but I'd at least like to know if I could quick-drop them if the need arose.

Sphynx
snowRaven
No, I think that once you've Quickenend them, you have given them a life of their own, so to speak. After all, that's more or less what the word means, and in Earthdawn they Named spells to make them permanent in a similar manner.
Zazen
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Don't think I could drop 12-karma Quickened spell even if I wanted to with my Magic Attribute being a whopping 7 otherwise.

You best bet would probably be to get a friend to help you create a bigass (12+) ward and jump through it a dozen or so times.

Why do you think you'd need to quickly drop this spell anyway?
John Campbell
I'd say that you can drop your own spells any time you want.

But I think a more appropriate question might be: Why would you Quicken a spell that you might have to raise and lower in the first place? It seems like a major waste of Karma. There are better solutions in those circumstances... sustaining or anchoring foci, for example.
Sphynx
Ward idea may be are only hope, but I'd already be wasting Karma losing the spells, hate to waste even more..... Oh Well.

@John: Why? Because my GM has started making anyplace I go to have a Background count of 1, or 2 if I stay there any longer than an hour or so. And because one of the things we've been noticing on the news is extremely bizarre occurences whenever we hit a place (usually the following night), which coincidently seem to mirror the Wild Magic table. I think my GM is hinting to me. nyahnyah.gif

Sphynx
John Campbell
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Ward idea may be are only hope, but I'd already be wasting Karma losing the spells, hate to waste even more..... Oh Well.

Wards only cost Karma if you make them permanent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012