Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun and the Lord of the Rings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Talia Invierno
Which other Shadowrun characters translate into Middle Earth? Although I can't quite see Dunkelzahn as Smaug ...
Grey
Who the hell is Alachia?
Siege
Although you gotta admit -- the 2060 remake of "Lord of the Rings" would absolutely rock!

And yes, who the hell is Alachia?

-Siege
cykotek
Alachia was queen of the blood elves in the blood wood in the Earthdawn setting. It's been implied that she is another immortal elf, and still kicking around in Tir Tairngire. She was the original possessor of the Everliving Flower.

The main evidence of her still existing is a female noble with something against roses being planted on her grounds, and a portrait of an elf with thorns growing through her flesh. The portrait, IIR, is described similarly to queen Alachia's description in ED.
Talia Invierno
This is from Ancient History's site. (Be patient: it's a heavy access site - with good reason! - and frequently reaches Geocities' hourly limit.)
Former Queen of Wyrm (later Blood) Wood, under two or three aliases; addicted to power, currently influences both Tir Tairngire (as Sósan Naerain) and Tir na nÓg.  Cruel, heartless, beautiful, moderately powerful magic-wise, mother of Jenna Ni'Fairra.  Enemy of Aina.  Nobody was stupid enough to give her a throne this time: she appears to be coaching Lady Brane Deigh, however.  She stands below average height (odd for an elf?), but is considered very beautiful, with blue-green eyes, golden-red hair, delicate features and a quiet, throaty voice.  Alachia has access to certain ancient draconic magics.

A bit is interpretation (and I continue to sharply disagree re Sósan Naerain! biggrin.gif), but Alachia's current existence is canonical (per Worlds Without End).

From the annotated Dunkelzahn's Will:
To Alachia, I leave the Everliving Flower. I have no more use for it.
[Ouch.  This is a slap in the face, since the Big D STOLE the Everliving Flower, a magical artifact, to get the Blood Wood, under Alachia, into the Second Theran War.]
Backgammon
So, this should be "Earthdawn and the Lord of the Rings"..
Fortune
Why? Alachia does exist in the Sixth World, and is considered to have some power.
Raygun
QUOTE (Siege)
Although you gotta admit -- the 2060 remake of "Lord of the Rings" would absolutely rock!

Absolutely. I use the Middle Earth history as the basis for all of my Shadowrun games, intertwining what I like in published SR material for the more modern history. It makes the whole game much more enjoyable, IMHO.
moosegod
Could you slip me notes on what you've done? I've always wanted to do stuff like that and have hinted of events like that to my players.
Meow
Our Shadowrun GM has done some LotR stuff in our game, and we are STILL calling him nasty names over the Nazgul...
Siege
QUOTE (Meow)
Our Shadowrun GM has done some LotR stuff in our game, and we are STILL calling him nasty names over the Nazgul...

rotfl.gif

Kinda makes you hate the silly bastard who equipped a cyberzombie with glowing red eyes and a black kevlar shroud. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Raygun
QUOTE (moosegod)
Could you slip me notes on what you've done? I've always wanted to do stuff like that and have hinted of events like that to my players.

Sure. What do you want to know?
moosegod
Well, I really can't think of anything specifically. I was just wondering how you worked it in, mostly.

Siege
QUOTE (Raygun)
QUOTE (moosegod @ Dec 3 2003, 12:07 AM)
Could you slip me notes on what you've done?  I've always wanted to do stuff like that and have hinted of events like that to my players.

Sure. What do you want to know?

All of your cliff notes, player handouts and GM details would be a good start. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Glyph
From the description of Alachia, I would say she most resembles Shelob - a petty, malicious thing that's lived for way too long, who spins webs and thinks highly of herself but isn't in the big leagues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012