Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Critical Strike Cap?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slymoon
So... is there one? Looking in the BBB there doesnt seem to be and at a cost of 0.25 it is concievable to at +24 DV at char gen?
Point being that is a blanket add which takes on average 3x pool to soak or 72 dice.
Max skill unarmed and attribute and it isnt easy to dodge. Have a magician hold a select spell or two.

Yeah I know.. he would be slow, fine add a level of speed then buy the remaining pooints in Crit Strike +16 DV.

Or am I missing something?

(oh: I have LE BBB in case that matters)
Mr. Unpronounceable
Well, there's the standard cap - you can't have more ranks in a power than you have magic points.

i.e. for a magic 6 physad, he could have at most, 6 ranks in the power.
Slymoon
Ah!

Missed that somewhere. pg. ref. so I can check it out later.

Please
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (sr4 pg. 187)
The maximum level an adept may have in any power is equal to the adept’s Magic attribute.

last sentence of the first paragraph under the heading Adept Powers.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Slymoon @ Feb 22 2008, 01:34 PM) *
So... is there one? Looking in the BBB there doesnt seem to be and at a cost of 0.25 it is concievable to at +24 DV at char gen?

"And then you would punch a mountain.....in space." (triple geek points to anyone who gets that reference without googling)
Glad you found your answer. Maxed out critical strike can still get pretty crazy, even with the correct limits, but a troll physad (to use an antiquated term) who can punch through the side of a citymaster is pretty awesome and not really broken, all things considered.
+24 though, that would be bad. grinbig.gif
Ed_209a
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Feb 22 2008, 02:16 PM) *
"And then you would punch a mountain.....in space." (triple geek points to anyone who gets that reference without googling)

I won't spoil it, since I Googled it.

But I GOTTA reload that game now!
Daier Mune
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Feb 22 2008, 03:16 PM) *

seriously, no one got that without having to look it up? for shame. Jade Empire was a great game.
DocTaotsu
I'm sorry I was too busy trying to get my female character to hook up with the other female character. I think there was a plot or something but- Oh! I can talk to her again! Happy day!

But seriously, great game but I don't remember that line sadly. Where was it?

My original response was going to be "Dr. McNinja" and I'm saddened that I'm wrong.
Daier Mune
the various voice actors have a number of hillarious lines during the credits. that one in particular was right at the end.
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Feb 22 2008, 03:16 PM) *

Wild guess.. Minsc?
Fortune
"Go for the eyes, Boo!"
Lionhearted
Oh that Well it smelled like bioware/black isle humour!
"next time ill hide something ill apt it with silver banana explosives, that will take care of thieves, monkeys and monkey thieves in one fell swoop!"
bibliophile20
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Feb 24 2008, 01:58 PM) *
Oh that Well it smelled like bioware/black isle humour!
"next time ill hide something ill apt it with silver banana explosives, that will take care of thieves, monkeys and monkey thieves in one fell swoop!"

Kang the Mad! Yay!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012