Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legality codes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dragonstar
Okay, this is probably a really simple question with a really simple answer that I'm just not getting.

3rd Edition: "Generally, the Legality Code refers to the Seattle/UCAS standard....." Where do I find what the Seattle standards are? Or is it a case by case situation on whether you get caught with it?

I guess what I'm asking here is there a cutoff between what's legal and what's not besides "the lower the number the more restricted it is"?

Thanks.

jago668
Well in SR4 you have normal, restricted, and illegal. Restricted have an R next to the availability, illegal have a F. You can get a license for R (restricted) items.
MaxHunter
In Seattle
Nightwalker450
Basically the Number is Availability, and R/F designates legality. 1F is just as illeagle as 12F, though I'm sure the charges would be higher for the 12F (There's obviously a reason its difficult to find).
jago668
QUOTE (MaxHunter @ Feb 27 2008, 01:15 AM) *
In Seattle

Well in the entire UCAS since Seattle is a part of that nation. You can probably assume similar things about other countries also. A HE grenade is going to be just as illegal in the CAS for example. The only real changes are going to tend to be more restrictive rather than less.
Dragonstar
Thanks, but what I was really looking for and obviously did not explain very well is this: Is there a definition anywhere of what the cutoff is for "legal"? A sword is a 5 and a katana is a 4. You can't get permits on either one. The katana is more of a risk than the sword is, although that logic is a bit weird IMHO. But regardless, that's the way it is set up. Obviously guns can get permits. But either way, a cop is going to go "Oh, that's a sword so it's okay, but that katana now . . . . Tch, tch, tch." Or the club which is a 7 or 8 is equally okay, or not okay depending on where it's being shown?

I'm beginning to get the feeling that it's up to the DM to set up what the local cop is going to decide is legal or not.

Fortune
IIRC (been a while since SR3), the 'number' you are referring to is the Target Number of the Lone Star officer to notice the object and/or bother to do something about it.
jago668
Oh, I know what you are refering to, but I haven't seen a similar chart in SR4. Like the old chart in Shadowtech (pg 107). Least I think that is what you are refering to.
Dragonstar
Thanks!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012