Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Out
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slymoon
If I am VR mode and being stopped from Log Off by Black IC, can I spend a free action to switch modes to AR.
At this point am I immune to the effects of Black IC and can I then spend my next free action to Log off without penalty?

If the above is true, then why would anyone ever perform a free action Jack Out?
Teulisch
jackout, because your being traced, and men with guns will arrive soon. oh, and its gonna eat all the programs in your deck. and your data too.
Slymoon
erm, SR4 IC can leave its node? (I see that now on pg 228)

And in that case, why not Free Action Switch Mode to 'AR', next Free Action Switch Mode to 'Offline'
How much damage can the IC do in that fraction of time?

hmm, How about someone put on a "Matrix in the 2070s: A complete overview" seminar. 3-4 hours should do it nicely.

o_O
kzt
Why would anyone use VR at all in SR4? You do have 3 meat IPs, right? Is being killed worth a minor dice pool modifier? Just turn off that deck and change to the next one in the hackastack while it reboots.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (kzt @ Mar 1 2008, 11:58 PM) *
Why would anyone use VR at all in SR4? You do have 3 meat IPs, right? Is being killed worth a minor dice pool modifier? Just turn off that deck and change to the next one in the hackastack while it reboots.

If you have a Simsense Booster, you can have 4 IP if you go hot sim VR. You also get the +2 dice modifier for all your Matrix actions. I think that would be worth it. Besides, I thought the Hack-a-stack idea was shot down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012