Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unwired?b
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Earlydawn
Hey Catalyst guys, just wondering what the news is on 2Q releases. Don't mean to be impatient, but I've got a technomancer eagerly awaiting the book's release. grinbig.gif
Synner
Good things come to those who wait...
Blade
Does it mean that SoLA will be awesome?
(sorry, couldn't resist it)
Chrome Tiger
QUOTE (Synner @ Mar 2 2008, 07:26 PM) *
Good things come to those who wait...

And really, I have always been happy with the Matrix-oriented books. I know some folks have not liked the past couple, but I have. Oh yes. I have! Those and location "target" books.

And I hope that Catalyst's response is "soon!"
swirler
QUOTE (Blade @ Mar 2 2008, 02:10 PM) *
Does it mean that SoLA will be awesome?
(sorry, couldn't resist it)

*shakes head*
bad bad
grinbig.gif
Method
Second Quarter of this year...
Earlydawn
Yep, just waiting for the release list that they said was in the pipe. spin.gif
Method
Most of the upcoming releases were discussed in the online chat a few weeks ago.
Fenix_mercury_200
I am looking forward to the TM stuff. I was surprised no one started a thread about some of the tid bits we got in the online chat.
Cardul
QUOTE (Fenix_mercury_200 @ Mar 2 2008, 10:44 PM) *
I am looking forward to the TM stuff. I was surprised no one started a thread about some of the tid bits we got in the online chat.

I think in discussing the chat, the Sadistic Equine Necrophiliacs got most of those few tidbits talked out.
Abbandon
Forget talking about the tidbits!! Lets start a pool on whether or not it will actually provide answers!
Adarael
Dumpshock is not /b/.

I couldn't help myself, sorry. smile.gif
Prime Mover
Don't quote me on this but seem to remember someone saying we'd see 2nd Q list two wed from chat...which would be 2 days away?

Edit: Got Techno in our group as well who would like to add his vote for a quick Unwired release!
Earlydawn
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 3 2008, 08:45 AM) *
Don't quote me on this but seem to remember someone saying we'd see 2nd Q list two wed from chat...which would be 2 days away?

Edit: Got Techno in our group as well who would like to add his vote for a quick Unwired release!
Yeah. I didn't start this to be a jerk, I just saw the chat referring to an upcoming release update and was wondering what the story was.
hobgoblin
now thats a multipost wink.gif

(ah, fixed now, moving on)
Adam
Bear in mind that this "Release Update" will be in the same vein as this one: http://catalystgamelabs.com/2008/01/11/new...k-announcement/ -- it's much more of an infodump for retailers and distributors than it is a big reveal for players and GMs.

IE, it's just going to tell you that the book is coming out in a certain quarter, unless the Street Date is already set. The only Shadowrun book with a street date, currently, is Arsenal: March 18th.
Larme
Here's some information about Unwired: Neo is going to totally make Agent Smith's head explode, and he will be gone forever (See developer's chat).
Aaron
What are the chances that a teaser release (traditionally the ToC) will be offered?
Earlydawn
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 3 2008, 11:27 AM) *
Bear in mind that this "Release Update" will be in the same vein as this one: http://catalystgamelabs.com/2008/01/11/new...k-announcement/ -- it's much more of an infodump for retailers and distributors than it is a big reveal for players and GMs.

IE, it's just going to tell you that the book is coming out in a certain quarter, unless the Street Date is already set. The only Shadowrun book with a street date, currently, is Arsenal: March 18th.
Gah, foiled again. Oh well.. it's only a three month window. Here's to hoping for an early release! grinbig.gif
Prime Mover
We can't help it if were all standing around wishing we could give those fine people over at SR some more money ASAP for more of there hard work on our favorite game systems core rules. biggrin.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 3 2008, 12:54 PM) *
What are the chances that a teaser release (traditionally the ToC) will be offered?

Around the time we have a street date, we'll start doing previews, as we've been doing with other products.
Cardul
QUOTE (Adam @ Mar 3 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Around the time we have a street date, we'll start doing previews, as we've been doing with other products.

Aw...you mean it will be PDF released, street date announced, and then, a couple days later, the previews start? I was hoping for more like with Augmentation, Corporate enclanves, etc..where we got previews before the PDF was released.
Prime Mover
I was wondering about the timing with Arsenal too. I would have liked a preview before I bought the PDF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012